oven for baking

oven for baking

Anyone has recommendation for a small oven that's good for baking? And where to buy them? The length can be up to 25", but the depth of the oven has to be no more than 22". Actually, if I put an oven whose depth is 22", then I will have to keep fit in order to enter my kitchen...

It'll be great if I can find one oven suitable for baking with depth less than 20".

Thanks a lot in advance!

Melody

If size is such an issue then you should look into the more portable ovens. Try Wing on in Sheung Wan.

have you thought about a convection microwave? I love mine - use just the convection function for raosting.baking etc

Fortress have a selection but you may need to order one in - ask to see their catalogues, they can get you stuff that they dont stock in the shop

Smile

Thank you Katanga and Teabaglady. I think I'll go for the more portable ones, probably like big toaster ovens. Which brand and model of convectional oven did you get, Teabaglady?

Hi melodyhk,

The oven I use is 18" wide x 13" deep x 13" high. I suppose you could call it a portable oven. It's a Kenwood and you can get variations of this model at Fortress. Mine is also fan-assisted and it has a rotisserie. It's worked well for me, but the downside is that you can only bake smaller cakes (max 11" diameter) and it takes only one pan at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by melodyhk:
    Anyone has recommendation for a small oven that's good for baking? And where to buy them? The length can be up to 25", but the depth of the oven has to be no more than 22". Actually, if I put an oven whose depth is 22", then I will have to keep fit in order to enter my kitchen...

It'll be great if I can find one oven suitable for baking with depth less than 20".

Thanks a lot in advance!

Melody

I second Kenwood, we have a MO620 which can be found at most electrical stores and it does the job fine. Got ours from Jusco I think? Again, only takes 1 pan/dish at a time, but does the job perfectly.

It's funny. Its exactly the same model I had when I lived in a studio flat in London about 8 years ago.

Before it broke (movers), I also had a convention oven (from Jusco, I forget the brand) and loved it. It was great for baking. Now I have one that works with steam and is better for cooking, which I do more often these days.

Thank you guys for the help! Btw, where is Jusco?

Jusco

Hi,
    There are several Jusco stores, it's a chain. Where do you live?
    You can go to the web site: http://www.jusco.com.hk/chi/index.htm
    to find the different locations. I've been to the one in Kornhill (it's very large). It is at the MTR Tai Koo (just past Quarry Bay on the Island Line).
    I've also been to the one just outside the Lok Fu MTR station (on the green line, one past Kowloon Tong).
    They are great stores & have lots of what you need, but don't expect them to speak much English.
    Good luck