thin mattress?

Closed Thread

thin mattress?

where can i find thin mattresses? i don't mean mattress pads, but like a regular mattress with springs and all...

i know normal mattresses are around 7" thick - i'm looking for something around 4". is it possible to have it tailor-made?

thanks =)
    bernard

deleteduser

Ikea

(writing minimum of 10 characters)

hmmm - i thought they only sold thin mattress pads? didn't know they had real mattresses that are thin...will have to go check it out.

Seahorse (well known store amongst locals?) in Wan Chai/CWB makes thinner mattresses, but they do foam only.

4 inches is *really* thin for a mattress... I have spoken to mattress people who say that you need a minimum amount of length in a spring to have it properly supportive. Can you get 4 inch spring mattresses overseas?

hm, probably not. good point about spring length though - looks like i am SOL and will have to live with foam.

You can get some pretty good foam mattresses, it really boils down to how much you are prepared to pay.

I recall that the bedding sections of Sogo and Wing On have memory foam overlays which are probably only a couple of inches thick. Tempur mattresses start at 15cm, which is 6 inches.