Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KateInHongKong

Indian dressmaker (Wedding) and Indian Fabric Shops

Closed Thread

Indian dressmaker (Wedding) and Indian Fabric Shops

Hi, Where can I find an Indian dressmaker, to sew an "East meets West" wedding dress for me. Preferrably someone reliable. I would also need to find an Indian Fabric shop.

King 2

Seem to recall seeing some Indian wedding dressmakers on the 1st floor of Po Luck Building in Jordon

For fabric you could try the 2nd floor of Mirador Mansions in TST

I have had several salwar kameez outfits made by Nepal Fancy Emporium in MIrador Mansions. Go in the front door off Nathan Road and you will see the store in the first turn left inside the building. The lady in there is very nice and the clothing is always very carefully made. I always ask for long sleeves and for one of the outfits there wasn't enough material, so she went out and bought extra material in the same colour to make sure I got the long sleeves I wanted. She didn't ask for more money and I forgot to offer it. I went back a couple of weeks later and offered her $100, but she would only take $40. Not sure if she handles wedding dresses but I would trust her to put you in touch with someone who could.

Quote Originally Posted by King2:
    Hi, Where can I find an Indian dressmaker, to sew an "East meets West" wedding dress for me. Preferrably someone reliable. I would also need to find an Indian Fabric shop.

King 2
    East_coast likes this.