Like Tree10Likes

Where is the best Men's Skincare product shop located in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    On that note, I should say that the only reason I noticed Kiehl's at Landmark is the interesting vintage motorcycle they have on display in the store window.
    I was just going to mention that.

Britney

Some of us would rather not look like a sack of shit, mentioning no names.

get on down to the landmark tonight (3/May) between 6:30 and 9pm - a bunch of the shops there are putting on an event

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Some of us would rather not look like a sack of shit
    Did you keep the receipt?
    TheBrit likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Yup- what he said.

A relative who is a dermatologist* has a fairly amusing contempt for the whole 'high end' skincare products industry. Her approach is "buy the biggest, cheapest moisturiser and use it."

*i.e. is asked about this sort of thing on a regular professional basis, and who has to keep up with current scientifically valid, medical literature.
    Last edited by jgl; 03-05-2012 at 10:37 AM.
    TheBrit and dipper like this.

I second gentlemens tonic.

For a quick overview:
    Sitting pretty – Bad Science

jgl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Yup- what he said.

A relative who is a dermatologist has a fairly amusing contempt for the whole 'high end' skincare products industry. Her approach is "buy the biggest, cheapest moisturiser and use it."

I was forwarded this email from a very well known dermatologist out of LA which rather confirms your point:-

1. Thoroughly cleanse the face morning and night with a soap-free cleanser such as Cetaphil or Physiogel. Any "boutique" cleanser with soap or a foaming agent can further clog the pores...

6. Only moisturise in dry areas, and only use a fragrance free moisturizer such as Cetaphil moisturizing cream. Do not use much.

With the so called high end products you are just paying for advertising and vanity.

(P.S. That advice would have cost you about US$500 if you had made an appointment to see him!)
    Last edited by Cwbguy; 03-05-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    jgl likes this.

Yeah, the product recommendations were the same for me. Cetaphil because it's cheap, mild and effective. Aquaphor (basically grease) for any areas that are really drying out.

SaSa has a selection just for men.