Like Tree1Likes

Parallel product - Electronic items

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Parallel product - Electronic items

On couple of online store, i found parallel electronic items e.g. camera. Its cheaper but no manufacturer warranty. Seller provides the warranty.
    When I asked about product they replied its the international model and imported from outside hong kong. they didn't specify from where ??

what do you think ?? can it be original item imported from other country ?? OR it is a counterfeit item?

Generally referred to as "shui foh" or "water goods" or "grey market". Imported to HK outside the official distributor route. No warranty from the camera company. Plugs might be foreign. Probably about 10% cheaper than the official goods.

ClueMinus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    Generally referred to as "shui foh" or "water goods" or "grey market". Imported to HK outside the official distributor route. No warranty from the camera company. Plugs might be foreign. Probably about 10% cheaper than the official goods.
    do you think its original from other country hence no warranty OR i fear its not even original - its counterfeit product.

pls name product.

you will have to rely on shop warranty if anything goes wrong.

zero consumer protection.

buyer beware.

long live mao.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    pls name product.

you will have to rely on shop warranty if anything goes wrong.

zero consumer protection.

buyer beware.

long live mao.

I don't fear imported but original product. I am using digital camera for nearly 15 years and never had problem within first couple of years.

But I fear counterfeit product, it can go wrong anywhere, any time.

which is best place for original and cost efficient electronics items ??

certainly not FORTRESS / BROADWAY

does it mean that no need to worry about counterfeit product in camera range.

normally shops give 1 year warranty for parallel product. if it is not counterfeit product, i don't think 1 year warranty matters

Quote Originally Posted by konab:
    Have you bought parallel product ? I don't think this shop sells parallel product ?

if you bought parallel product, when did you buy and how much time you used it ?? was there significant savings ?

haven't made my mind which store I like to go. Keeping my options open. suggestions are welcome.
    Last edited by Joseph098765; 06-05-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Nikon D5100 - DSLR æ•¸ç¢¼å–®é¡åå…‰ç›¸æ Ÿ - 隨身數碼 - 香港格價網 Price.com.hk

There's a list of dealers here and they mark it clearly if its "water" or official. Its simple to see because the warranty card of official goods would have the HK agent's office info marked on it. Those imported from US or Estonia would have a warranty card in funny language.

As for counterfeiting a D5100 camera, maybe you should try building one and let us know if its possible. Unless of course someone tries to sell you a D3000 to pass it off as D5100.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast