Like Tree1Likes

Double edged shaving blade

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Guess not a lot of folks have sensitive skin here in HK,which is why DE blades aren't popular/sold here,the main reason why I'm looking for DE blades is because I have sensitive skin and I'm sick of getting bumps and burns..do you guys know of any good anti bump/burn cream tht is sold here locally? Would appreciate it

chungking mansion TST. Few years back I bought one pack for my father, but not sure if it is available now.

Quote Originally Posted by cmasher:
    You can find Gillette Blue Blades all over in Shenzhen, PRC. Just find someone who comes over here and ask them to pick you up some or come yourself. British passport holders can get a 5 day visa at the Louhu border crossing, unfortunatley Americans have to apply for a 3 mo multiple entry before they can enter. They sell them for around 8 RMB in 5 packs. I've been using them for about a month and can get three good shaves out of them, w/o any problems with nics or rash. The easiest place to find them is Walmart or the local A Best Store.
    How do the Gillette Blue Blades compare to other DE blades?
    And where can I find 'A Best Stores' or Walmart stores where they actually stock the blades?
    Any help would be appreciated as I haven't found a single place in HK which has the DE blades (although i've seen a few single-edged ones which is strage...) :S

Edit: double post

Last edited by methosb; 13-06-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by martinmaginn:
    How do the Gillette Blue Blades compare to other DE blades?
    And where can I find 'A Best Stores' or Walmart stores where they actually stock the blades?
    Any help would be appreciated as I haven't found a single place in HK which has the DE blades (although i've seen a few single-edged ones which is strage...) :S
    In my experience different blades aren't really comparable between different people. Different blades suit different skin and different facial hair. That is why it is good to get a blade pack from one of the online stores. A blade the is silky smooth for one person might tear someone else up. I personally used Gillette 7 o'clock blades and have had decent results with Persona.

All the Gillette types I have tried have been at least consistent, so should be OK to try.

The hair products store is at the top of Pottinger Street in Central: haven't checked it out myself yet, but I did see the sign for the store a couple of days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    The hair products store is at the top of Pottinger Street in Central: haven't checked it out myself yet, but I did see the sign for the store a couple of days ago.
    I've been in the store and it didn't have any shaving goods... :/

Original Post Deleted
    Right so it's on Nga Tsin Wai Road on the same side of the road as Hui Lau Shan but just before it when heading towards it from the East. Got it, thanks!

Original Post Deleted
    Nice one, will endeavour to check it out, Feather brand is my favourite so far...

Thanks! I'll go there this weekend and hopefully buy a couple of different brands