Like Tree15Likes

do you have any opinion on these cheap beers?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

do you have any opinion on these cheap beers?

i don't want to work my way through them, as they're (often) only available in 6 or 12 packs, so i was just looking for anyone who'd dismiss/recommend any of them, or just give a general opinion:

Yanjing
    Valor
    Golden King
    Bear
    Knight
    Hui Quan
    Royal Dutch
    Kingway
    Blue Ice

They're cheap as in <$40 for a 12-pack, and sold online at wellcome or parknshop

Quote Originally Posted by Spambot:

Yanjing
    Valor
    Golden King
    Bear
    Knight
    Hui Quan
    Royal Dutch
    Kingway
    Blue Ice
    these are all the same beer with different brands and packaging.

Original Post Deleted
    Just had one this evening [hic]. Reminded me of Muenchener Helles, actually, which is the style of beer you get in Munich at Oktoberfest, etc., served in 1L "Masse" steins. Maybe a little bit sweeter than I'd like, though. I've got another Chinese beer in the fridge. Figured I may as well try the "local" brews, though I'm actually happy with the ubiquitous San Miguel...

Want cheap alcohol? Try BearBeer, from Denmark, at Park and Shop. Two options, 7.7 % and 12% alcohol at usually 2 cans, 500 ml each, for about $10. Taste is very good but in fact when opening the stronger beer, like a bottle of wine, the alcohol really drifts out and fills the air. I prefer the 7.7. Most beers about 5%.

..................... and yet you get 5 Qingdao @ DCH Foods for 11 dollars ( 20 for 44 bucks ) .
    The only cheaper half decent brew I have seen was once where Wellcome were doing Valor 2 x 12 @ 45 bucks. Valor is good when REALLY cold but Qingdao is the best beer in the world for its lack of after taste. A refreshing buzz in a can I always say.

FYI - They are not all brewed by the same company and Blue Ice is made by San Mig in Guangdong.

I've tried more than half of them: Blue Ice will always remind me of being 14-15 and chugging beers outside the supermarket. I wouldn't drink any of the others by choice, but if I was at someone's home and that's all they had, I wouldn't say no.

I regularly drink : Kingway, Blue Ice and Harbin(not on your list). These are my regular hot weather thirst quenching beers. Cheap, cold (must be very cold) and easy going down.

When I'm relaxing/reading etc, I prefer much more flavourful ales which cost 4-8 times the price of the cheap stuff.

bookblogger likes this.

If it's ice cold all of those are going to taste the same anyway as the cold numbs your taste buds.

Sorty I only drink "expensive" beers: Guinness", "Chimay", and all sorts of monastic beer.

But I did try Ice blue (feels like water) and Yanjing (also feels like water). They are OK when eating in those outdoor kind of dai pai dong and seating on a stool, with toilets paper on the table.

Dankleness and bookblogger like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    But I did try Ice blue (feels like water) and Yanjing (also feels like water). They are OK when eating in those outdoor kind of dai pai dong and seating on a stool, with toilets paper on the table.
    Yup, yup, exactly. Very refreshing and cooling.
    There is no way I could drink a heavy stout or a BritAle in those places with the given temperatures...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast