Like Tree5Likes

Any place selling Lego at good price in hk?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any place selling Lego at good price in hk?

As above, any advise? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buzzmario:
    As above, any advise? Thanks
    The toy LEGO? They have a pretty fixed price setup everywhere - Toys "R" Us has ok selection

As pepe77 said, LEGO is price controlled.
    The selling price is fixed by contract between LEGO and the local retailers so that the price is the same globally. It's one of the only things that sucks about LEGO.
    Many other brands do the same thing.
    The only way to get 'cheap' LEGO is to find an online retail outlet that sells from a country with high sales tax. Then when you order from outside that country and don't have to pay the tax you get a cheaper price.
    Whether the difference in price will cover shipping is another matter.
    Some companies have realised that the online store/no sales tax deal will cause great harm to their local retailers and have revised their contracts to allow a competitive local selling price.
    LEGO is not yet one of these.

dot.zen

thanks guys.

for toy r rus, does member entitle to 10% discount? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buzzmario:
    thanks guys.

for toy r rus, does member entitle to 10% discount? thanks
    Don't think so, they tend to have special offers which vary from toy to toy. Some kinds of Lego are claimed to be exclusive to toys r us. There is a small shop in Kennedy Town which has a large range and their prices are similar if not slightly cheaper sometimes.
    It's a product that is still made in Europe, which is one of the reasons why it's so expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by pepe77:
    The toy LEGO? They have a pretty fixed price setup everywhere - Toys "R" Us has ok selection
    This is not true! There are a few small local lego dealers around, in Kennedy Town and also in Mong Kok. I buy my lego from AA Place in Kennedy Town and the prices and range are much better than Toys R Us.

AA Place Online Shop (aaplace.hk) specialized selling LEGO
    pepe77 likes this.

second hand ? cheap as nuts

Yahoo! 拍賣

That's exactly why HK is such a great place. There are gray importers of about everything in the city, to our (the consumers) advantage. No more price control. But of course only if there is a big market and a profit to be made gray importers are interested in a product like Lego.

And it's perfectly legal. Don't believe anybody who tells you otherwise, including the manufacturers or lawyers, they are trying to change that of course.

Quote Originally Posted by big_panda:
    This is not true! There are a few small local lego dealers around, in Kennedy Town and also in Mong Kok. I buy my lego from AA Place in Kennedy Town and the prices and range are much better than Toys R Us.

AA Place Online Shop (aaplace.hk) specialized selling LEGO
    Well, because some dealers know there way around the usual distribution channels, doesn´t change the fact that the price policy is to have fixed prices more or less in all official outlets.

The best solution for me is to buy LEGO when I am back home in Denmark and get the tax refund when leaving

Btw, thanks for the info regarding AA Place - didn´t know abt that
    Last edited by pepe77; 20-05-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast