electric bike

Closed Thread

electric bike

looking to buy an electric bike (no gas), any suggestions for a reliable brand besides giant?

what about places to buy and prices. looking to spend less than 2500, is this even possible?

For that price you could maybe buy a duel peddle and electric bike. They are very common in mainland (especially once you get out of Shenzhen a little). I don't these are technical legal in Hong Kong or Shenzhen however. Not even in Sheung Shui have I seen people riding them.

If they were I would certainly have one.

I believe they are illegal in HK.

Street legal e-bike in Mainland:
    -Gross weight: 40kg max -Speed: 20 km/h max -with peddle -Motor: 300 Watt max

But there's LOADs of illegal e-bike in Mainland: similar to scooter ~50 km/H :-)

Last edited by humanbeing; 12-11-2007 at 10:28 AM.

i'll be using it on the mainland so all info welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by peppy5:
    looking to buy an electric bike (no gas), any suggestions for a reliable brand besides giant?

what about places to buy and prices. looking to spend less than 2500, is this even possible?
    Hello. We have one new and still in its box. Not sure what make it is but i think we dont want it anymore. Will check with the wife.....

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyjo:
    Hello. We have one new and still in its box. Not sure what make it is but i think we dont want it anymore. Will check with the wife.....
    did you find out the price?

Question electric bicycle/regular bike for use in Discovery Bay

I was wondering any of the folks on this post know where to buy an electric bicylcle that you can also peddle like normal bicycle. I intend to use it on a bicycle path in Discovery Bay. I don't need to be street legal. I just need to make it up this big hill near my house.

Any help on where to buy one is appreciated!

Thanks.