Like Tree11Likes

Where to find prints of old photos of Hong Kong

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Alternatively you can take a camera, set up b&w or sepia mode and goto old parts of town ie. Fruit market in Yau ma tei and surrounding areas, some buildings not much change for the past 50 years. If have more time goto the New Territories namely Luk Keng (look for granny Ng) she still living like the past! You also get to enjoy the city.
    If you prefer PM me and I'll send you some pictures I have took and you can use them.

Gavelina likes this.

You're calling carang granny! Phwoar!

carang and bookblogger like this.

thank goodness i don't live in luk teng! otherwise, i just might think he was referring to me!

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    i remember he had some cool photos... but couldn't remember if they were old or not. thanks for correcting me.
    There are some pictures from Kai Tak on display, I guess they could qualify as old: Laurence Lai Gallery

Carang, we all get there one day

carang likes this.

I picked up a set A3 sized B&W prints from a museum many many years ago, cant remember which one - try this

They definitely had them at various stalls in Upper Lascar Row (just down from Man Mo Temple).
    If you want something a little fancier then Prince's Building on the 2nd floor close to the Indigo shop. Not sure of the name of the shop in question but you can's miss it as they sell old books and posters.

Facebook group

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2