Like Tree11Likes

Where to find prints of old photos of Hong Kong

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to find prints of old photos of Hong Kong

Old black and white photos from Hong Kong - just a place to pick up prints of them that I can get framed and decorate my place with.
    Any thoughts?

they have them in stanley market.

Sheung Wan antiques market... Lascar Rd. I think it's on.

If you're really into it, check out these two Facebooks. If you search, many districts have their own 'old photo' Facebook, for example, Tuen Mun has a fab one...

Actually, everyone should have a nose at these, really cool Facebooks and there are a few old videos in there as well...

Last edited by bryant.english; 30-06-2012 at 10:01 PM.

No good for hanging on the wall, though, Bryant.

bryant.english likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    No good for hanging on the wall, though, Bryant.
    Come on BB, there are members on all of these sites who will produce prints for you...

"picture this" in the princes building has loads of old HK pics, many different sizes. It is on the same floor as Oliver's.

i'm also guessing that the photos @ picture this will be 50X more expensive?

oh, and i just remembered there was a photographer at the peak galleria who had a photo shop.. he had some great photos (but more expensive, too)

gwulo.com has photos for sale, which date back from the 1880s to the 1970s. There is even a book with a collection of photos.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    i'm also guessing that the photos @ picture this will be 50X more expensive?...
    Can be, but there are specials and promos now and then, and the smaller photos can be reasonably priced. Also I think they have originals, hence the slightly higher price tags.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    ...oh, and i just remembered there was a photographer at the peak galleria who had a photo shop.. he had some great photos (but more expensive, too)
    Lawrence Lai Gallery. Yes, not cheap, and I don't recall seeing any old pictures.
    carang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    gwulo.com has photos for sale, which date back from the 1880s to the 1970s. There is even a book with a collection of photos.

Can be, but there are specials and promos now and then, and the smaller photos can be reasonably priced. Also I think they have originals, hence the slightly higher price tags.

Lawrence Lai Gallery. Yes, not cheap, and I don't recall seeing any old pictures.
    i remember he had some cool photos... but couldn't remember if they were old or not. thanks for correcting me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast