Like Tree8Likes

Contact lenses online

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Contact lenses online

Has anyone used www.scar.com.hk for contact lenses?

Looks very reasonable but I don't feel completely comfortable buying lenses from a website I know nothing about.

I'm thinking of just buying one box to see if they're ok I.e real!

Any feedback?

Creative83 and pin like this.

I get mine from here Contact Lenses: Order & Buy Discount Contact Lenses at VisionDirect.com

I can tell you they're real so buy as many as you need. Ship time around 2 weeks so you gotta wait a bit.

pin likes this.

Thanks, that's useful. Works out about $300 more but that's not a big deal.

I've placed an order with scar.com. It's cash on delivery so at least I can have a good look and compare to what I have before I pay. I'll post again once I've received them. they are a really good price - less than half what Lens Crafter in PP quoted!

rani likes this.

Oh interesting. Was checking out an order to see what you meant.

The price was only $200 cheaper for VD after the 25% off. Price would have matched if it wasn't for that 25% off.

Bookmark-able website indeed. Looks like I no longer need to order from abroad then.

Both, interesting sites. With Vision Direct, they require an optician's prescription, how do you deal with this, just provide details of your optician in HK?

I am going to check the price of my optitian when I get into the office tomorrow as a compare to the sites you guys have provided.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Both, interesting sites. With Vision Direct, they require an optician's prescription, how do you deal with this, just provide details of your optician in HK?

I am going to check the price of my optitian when I get into the office tomorrow as a compare to the sites you guys have provided.
    They don't require it. You just need to know your prescription and it can be ordered without verification.

If ever you want to re-order, they typically have 10-15% codes that you can find on various coupon websites.
    Last edited by Creative83; 05-07-2012 at 01:06 PM.

why not just go to an optometrist? how much saving are we talking - when i last bought the prices were the same as online

Quote Originally Posted by jw1701:
    why not just go to an optometrist? how much saving are we talking - when i last bought the prices were the same as online
    Usually optometrists require a "fairly recent" prescription before they'll let you buy any contacts. Some people think their vision hasn't changed enough to warrant the costs of a new exam.

Quote Originally Posted by oki_boy:
    Usually optometrists require a "fairly recent" prescription before they'll let you buy any contacts. Some people think their vision hasn't changed enough to warrant the costs of a new exam.
    isn't the exam free? it was for me last time I ordered...

I've never gotten a free exam....maybe some places bundle in the price with the contacts? Dunno *shrugs*

Got Lasik before coming to the Kong. Best. Decision. EVAR!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast