Tempur Kneeling Chair

Tempur Kneeling Chair

Anyone out there has been using this Temur kneeling chair? Comment?

The cheapo Pricerite office chair is giving me backache and I'm wondering if this kneeling chair would be kind to my back.

I've just come back from Wing On department store and the list price of this chair is over four thousand dollars. Some US online store are selling this for USD152.

Any suggestion for a back-supporting chair?

I have a Stokke kneeling chair in the office, my husband has one too (Stokke Wing). We are both very happy with them. Unfortunately Stokke does not sell them anymore in Hong Kong - their Hong Kong distributor only does the kiddies line. I bought mine on e-bay, my husband took his with him from the UK when he moved to Hong Kong.
    We actually tried to get his chair copied for me - none of the shops on Queens Road East dared to do it due to the fairly complicated design.

4 grand? That's a bit crazy. How about using an excercise ball (those big, inflatable balls you find in gyms) as a chair first? Far cheaper and good for developing core strength.

Yup, the sales lady at Wing On store told me that the chair cost 4 grand, with 15% off. My jaw dropped.

The Tempur kneeling chair is very plain looking to me. The plastic star base looks just like the same material of the average office chair that I'm sitting. The Pneumatic height mechanism also looks the same as your average office chair. The fit and finish of the plastic and metal parts does not tell me anything about precision engineering. Sure the cushion is more supportive than my existing chair but I only managed to sit on it for a few minutes. Can't tell if it's gonna help in the long term.

Perhaps the "Tempur" foam material is the most costly one. However, memory foam cushioning is nothing new and it shouldn't be this expensive. I mean, there are just two small pieces of cushions on the chair! Perhaps the patent of this chair is the culprit.

I'll check out those Stokke online.

Exercise ball? Haven't thought of that...

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by banang; 19-11-2007 at 05:08 PM.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Take a stroll down Queen's Road East toward's Central from around the Hopewell Centre. Dont ask but look around every furniture store you see till you spot a kneeling chair.
    Immediately buy two and when your back is singing Halleluyah, send me a cheque for 20% of the difference between four thousand smakeroos and the cost of these Taiwanese babies as my finders fee.

Quote Originally Posted by kombuchakid:
    Take a stroll down Queen's Road East toward's Central from around the Hopewell Centre. Dont ask but look around every furniture store you see till you spot a kneeling chair.
    Immediately buy two and when your back is singing Halleluyah, send me a cheque for 20% of the difference between four thousand smakeroos and the cost of these Taiwanese babies as my finders fee.
    I am very happy with the Tempur kneeling chair. I got it from Sogo a year ago.

Actually you can also check eBay Australia. They used to have some good deals posted. Even with shipping it can be a lot cheaper.

Anyone has a Duorest chair in the office? I've just visited this product's showroom in Wanchai Tai Yau Centre. Chair prices range from HKD2,9xx to HKD5,9xx. They even have study chair for kids. The sales lady said that there wouldn't be any discount for Christmas and New Year. I'm wondering if there is any shop in Hong Kong that carries this product...