Hi - anyone know a good are to get furniture in Shenzhen?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Hi - anyone know a good are to get furniture in Shenzhen?

Hi,

I'm told you can pick up furniture cheaply across the border and have it delivered to HK for a fraction of the cost of buying it here.

Specifically I'm after some nice outdoor furniture (an outdoor dining table w/ 6 chairs was going for 35K in Horizon plaza when I went last weekend!!!), as well as a few indoor pieces.

Can anyone recommend any areas in Shenzhen or warehouses etc.. where to go? I speak basic conversational mandarin which should help things a bit.

Thanks a bunch!

tagore
    Quote Originally Posted by Tama007:
    Hi,

I'm told you can pick up furniture cheaply across the border and have it delivered to HK for a fraction of the cost of buying it here.

Specifically I'm after some nice outdoor furniture (an outdoor dining table w/ 6 chairs was going for 35K in Horizon plaza when I went last weekend!!!), as well as a few indoor pieces.

Can anyone recommend any areas in Shenzhen or warehouses etc.. where to go? I speak basic conversational mandarin which should help things a bit.

Thanks a bunch!
    nan shan in shenzhen. tell them walmart at sze kou

Tagore, Walmart in Nan shan, ie C-Mall doesnt sell any furniture specific to what the OP is requesting. Why even mention it ?

And what furniture that is there was sourced from HK, Australia or elsewhere, I know one of the larger stores owners in Shennan road so, why pay 100% duty on stuff that isnt even made there?

Zhu Hai is the major furniture manufacturing hub closest to Hong Kong, I am sure some other people here have already purchased pieces from there, thats definately going to be your most comprehensive location. I found the link below in about 2 seconds Googling " Zhu Hai outdoor furniture"
    ::ZHUHAI SHUNRUN COMPANY LIMITED::

Easy to get there by ferry from Hong Kong also.

tagore
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Tagore, Walmart in Nan shan, ie C-Mall doesnt sell any furniture specific to what the OP is requesting. Why even mention it ?

And what furniture that is there was sourced from HK, Australia or elsewhere, I know one of the larger stores owners in Shennan road so, why pay 100% duty on stuff that isnt even made there?

Zhu Hai is the major furniture manufacturing hub closest to Hong Kong, I am sure some other people here have already purchased pieces from there, thats definately going to be your most comprehensive location. I found the link below in about 2 seconds Googling " Zhu Hai outdoor furniture"
    ::ZHUHAI SHUNRUN COMPANY LIMITED::

Easy to get there by ferry from Hong Kong also.
    it is near the walmart. not walmart itself. my apologises. Zhu hai is not really ideal for shopping. there are plenty of furniture retailers in nan shan cun and nearby

No offence Tagore, I am fully aware of the stores you're talking about and most of it is imported, not made locally, and attracts 100% duty. So its of no interest to anybody looking at saving some money. The prices are very expensive, why buy a piece of Tequila Kola furniture there, at double the price you would pay in Aberdeen?

You cant even name the name of the shop, how are people expected to find what you are talking about ? And if you're saying that Hover House in Shennan Liu, ( Opposite the Crown Plaza Hotel )is a cheap place to buy furniture, at double the price of HK prices, you're largely mistaken.

I know the area you are talking about like the back of my hand, we owned 2 apartments near the Mc Donalds in Shennan Liu, Nan Shan.

I am a bit suprized other people have not piped up with some Zhu Hai offerings, but prices there are considerably cheaper, its also where most of HK's custom made furniture comes from.

Last edited by Skyhook; 05-01-2008 at 10:27 AM.

tagore
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    No offence Tagore, I am fully aware of the stores you're talking about and most of it is imported, not made locally, and attracts 100% duty. So its of no interest to anybody looking at saving some money. The prices are very expensive, why buy a piece of Tequila Kola furniture there, at double the price you would pay in Aberdeen?

You cant even name the name of the shop, how are people expected to find what you are talking about ? And if you're saying that Hover House in Shennan Liu, ( Opposite the Crown Plaza Hotel )is a cheap place to buy furniture, at double the price of HK prices, you're largely mistaken.

I know the area you are talking about like the back of my hand, we owned 2 apartments near the Mc Donalds in Shennan Liu, Nan Shan.

I am a bit suprized other people have not piped up with some Zhu Hai offerings, but prices there are considerably cheaper, its also where most of HK's custom made furniture comes from.
    Since when did I said Hover house? I said nanshan cun, there are so many shops there.
    in my humble opinion, the furniture are not too bad but certainly not branded. Zhu Hai is one of the most expensive places to live in China and is a retirement utopia in China. NO OFFENSE. I doubt it is even deemed a manufacturing estate.

From an extract of a previous furniture topic.

Quote Originally Posted by bluepiggy:
    We live in Macau at present and there's quite a few places that sell furniture (antique and reproduction) cheaper than in HK (we used to live there). Though we haven't done custom-made yet. We've just been over to Zhuhai and it has a lot of furniture factories in Zhongshan, some even cheaper than Macau. They have a wide selection and English speaking staff. They do deliver to Macau and HK although delivery charge vary from shop to shop. We had a couple of tables custom-made and it'll take 3 weeks so we still have to see if they've done a good job or not. You can easily go there via taxi (about 40-50 yuan) from the Gongbei border. A full day trip is recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by bluepiggy:
    the one we went to in zhuhai is called yong chang furniture plant. try this site - antiqueyc.com or contact andy at [email protected]. he speaks english and not pushy in terms of selling. they can pick you up from gongbei border for free, but if you don't want to do that you can get a cab. a bit tricky if you don't know your way around and no map. i've got my friend's stuff delivered the other day and she wasn't happy with the delivery guys bec. they only dropped it in front of her house. we're expecting ours next week and hopefully it wouldn't be like that. mind you, you're getting a different delivery crew in hk (they're a bit more civilised ;-)).
    Last edited by Skyhook; 05-01-2008 at 01:45 PM.

hi i like to ask that, do you know this company?
    Shenzhen Clover Furniture Co., Ltd.
    i like to buy from them, but i dont know, could i trust in them, are they really work,
    they not fake?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by greg1982:
    i like to buy from them, but i dont know, could i trust in them, are they really work,
    they not fake?

Thank you
    What are you buying.

dumb donkey

Quote Originally Posted by greg1982:
    they not fake?

Thank you
    What. Fake furniture? Do they import? Do you have a website address?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks Mobile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast