Like Tree1Likes

Double cream

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Double cream

Not an exact repeat from before...

Does any place on the Island have this in stock?

Citysuper apparently only sells it at Christmas now. None in Great, as of Saturday. 360 only have some "fake" stuff, which according to a friend is not suitable for what I need it for, i.e. eating . Haven't checked Olivers or Taste at Hopewell Centre yet - would prefer a thumbs up before venturing to the latter.

I cannot say if they have it now or not - but usually Olivers will have it. Call them and ask before you head out : 2810 7710

I haven't checked Taste at Wan Chai or on the island generally but I have previously bought double cream from the Taste in Hang Hau.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks Mobile

Are you talking about full cream….? Park n' shop has it in most HK side outlets. If you are talking about a cream pie, well I can't help you there…..

Yeah, I thought PnS may possibly have it, which is why I was surprised that Great didn't. I'm cautious on Olivers having the same stuff as 360; have to try to explain I don't want the substitute cream but the proper heart-clogging stuff.

i have seen bottled clotted cream in Wellcome/PnS and this morning in Jasons Cwb.

I don't know if you would consider that as a suitable substitute for double.

Clotted cream, as lovely as it is, isn't a substitute, alas.

You went to Jasons? The new one in Hysan Plaza? What was it like? Do tell!

Oliver's often carries double cream, as does Taste in Stanley. But when it goes out of stock, it is usually off the shelf for a cople weeks before a new shipment.

ps. I think the brand/ product is 'Paul's thickened cream', which is the same as double cream, if you are calling ahead to check for stock. Sometimes there is also a similar Presidente brand. Both are a UHT variety, but kept in the chillers.

i've seen paul's thickened cream at the pns in robinson road but not all the time. but pns, wellcome and marketplace by jason's online also carry it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast