Washer/Dryer Combo... a good thing, or forget about it?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

When I moved into my new flat, the developer bundled a front loading Philco Washer/Dryer. Quite honestly, it is a great washing machine but definitely a lousy dryer. It only allows you to dry half a load of the laundries and it needs 2 runs to make them completely dry (Not heavy stuffs like jeans though). That means for a full load, you need to run 4 times altogether.

Any info. on how a Whirlpool WD works?

sorry I didn't purchase mine in HK but if you are keen to get one what you need to look for is the spin dry speed - the dryer the washing at the end of the wash cycle the better it is. As for consumption of electricity - if I remember right washing and drying 3 x 5kg load p.w. added about 25% to my electricity

Quote Originally Posted by XI_YAN:
    sorry I didn't purchase mine in HK but if you are keen to get one what you need to look for is the spin dry speed - the dryer the washing at the end of the wash cycle the better it is. As for consumption of electricity - if I remember right washing and drying 3 x 5kg load p.w. added about 25% to my electricity
    Great pointers! XI_YAN. I finally decided to go for Whirlpool. Their after-sales service in HK are superb + it was within the budget my landlord agreed to pay for. It is yet to be delivered. I hope it works fine! My only hope is to not have to line-dry my clothes; hate it and totally sick of it (

I hang my clothes indoor and use a dehumidifier to dry them.

That's interesting; how does that work? How long does it take?