Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jw1701
  • 1 Post By virago

24-hour made suits with cheaper price.

24-hour made suits with cheaper price.

hello everyone! Does anyone knows a tailor in Hong Kong that can make a suit and is ready the next day? I have been trying to look for tailors but it will only be ready for a week. If you know somebody, kindly leave their contacts. How much do they cost as well? thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by vel:
    hello everyone! Does anyone knows a tailor in Hong Kong that can make a suit and is ready the next day? I have been trying to look for tailors but it will only be ready for a week. If you know somebody, kindly leave their contacts. How much do they cost as well? thank you.
    Some of them can be pushed if you really let them know it is urgent.
    I have had friends over, who had one done in abt 24 hours because of a wedding - whether it is still possible I cannot say
    The one we used at that time is Lee Baron in TST (Far East Mansion, Middle Road)

Edit: not really sure if I am replying to someone who is fishing for a free advertisement.
    Moderators, feel free to delete my post if you find anything suspicious.
    Last edited by pepe77; 26-08-2012 at 12:08 PM. Reason: 2nd thought

probably not worth it for what you would pay vs the quality you will get from a 'rush' job in less than 24 hours.

good examples was my uni lecturer last weekend who had flown in from Australia and got a 24-hour suit done in central - the fit was awful and the material terrible. if you are going to get a suit made do it properly and get 2 or 3 fittings and spend more on good material.

otherwise just buy off the rack so you don't end up looking like kim jong-il

bookblogger likes this.

cjjenks
    Quote Originally Posted by jw1701:
    probably not worth it for what you would pay vs the quality you will get from a 'rush' job in less than 24 hours.

good examples was my uni lecturer last weekend who had flown in from Australia and got a 24-hour suit done in central - the fit was awful and the material terrible. if you are going to get a suit made do it properly and get 2 or 3 fittings and spend more on good material.

otherwise just buy off the rack so you don't end up looking like kim jong-il
    agree, but off the rack works for ppl with 'normal' sizes and shapes.. most off the rack shirts and jackets dont fit me...

You want 24 HRS service AND still a cheap price. Good luck with that.

bookblogger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cjjenks:
    agree, but off the rack works for ppl with 'normal' sizes and shapes.. most off the rack shirts and jackets dont fit me...
    Yep i'm the same but i've had off the rack altered in the past and it's been fine.

If you have more time I can recommend a good tailor in Cheung sha wan but he doesn't do rush service.

IMHO a 24-hour suit will last just that...24 hrs

cjjenks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat Hunter:
    IMHO a 24-hour suit will last just that...24 hrs
    some seriously loose thread
    Last edited by cjjenks; 26-08-2012 at 04:23 PM.