Like Tree16Likes

Best place to exchange money

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Best place to exchange money

Hey guys, first post here, hope I put this in the right place.

I'm going to buy a laptop today (an Asus G1S for those interested) but I need to get my Australian dollars changed.

Where do you think I will get a good exchange rate? 10 days ago I was at the airport and the exchange rate there was 7.7 I was totally assured by my family that the exchange rate would be higher at a bank in the City, but checking through the HSBC ATM, the exchange rate is 6.75. Significantly lower

So, in short, where will I find the best exchange rate? I don't mind taking a bus out to the airport if it means I am going to get a much better rate.

Thanks everyone
    (Also, if this is in the wrong place, please move it)
    -Kip

I am not sure if this is the best but I felt I got a good rate in October and will use them again in future -

http://berlincompanyexchangelimited.blogspot.com/

Berlin Company Exchange Limited
    Room 1203 Chinese Bank Bldg
    61-65 Des Voeux Road
    Central
    tel: 2523 2549

Just to add, I liked their service and they are nice to deal with.

Secondly, the larger the currency (ie $100s vs $20s - in my case Canadian), the better the rate if I recall correctly. Also, if the bills are "older" they ding you a small amount. I had 3 bills they took off a tiny amount for but overall I was very pleased with the rate they paid as you will see on the website I noted above.

Last edited by Football16; 20-12-2007 at 12:05 PM.

The Aussie dollar is all over the place I was in the bank of China and the rate droped when the paperwork was finished. Allthough one day I almost was given the US rate. Airports are lower rates but quicker if its a small amount. Check the day rate on the RBA site they have history and exel sheets.

Thanks.

Oh well, the exchange rate has been falling ever since

I just hope I can find somewhere good while walking around the city this afternoon.

Last edited by kiplinght; 20-12-2007 at 01:15 PM.

Try Chunking Mansion; there are 3-4 exchanges right at the entry and the rates are very ok.

Chung king definately changer yellow sign opposite Indian take away, do not stop at the front entrance go in 100 metres

Definitely go to ChungKing, they have the best rate because of the competition. I was there couple of weeks ago, US$ for HK$ was 7.77, the bank was $7.6 at best. Bring cash, it has a best rate than travelers checks.

Woodpecker

where is chung king mansion

Quote Originally Posted by dondiliza
    where is chung king mansion
    nathan road.

EC Xchange in TST

Try this.
    http://www.easyexchangehk.com/

Cheers,

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast