Bed Bugs

Closed Thread

Bed Bugs

Nasty little things have been bitting us for a while and we've finally gone and got our mattress replaced. I'm not sure if i'm being paranoid, but I still think i've being bitten whenever I get an itch!

I've done quite a bit of research on various sprays but surprisingly aside from your carpet and sofa cleaners there aren't many bedbug sprays available for sale in Park N Shop / Welcome.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Please?

cjjenks

fortress and broadway sell a korean made vacuum cleaner for beds. paid about 2k or so for it.

Personally I would get a professional in to treat the flat. It takes mo than one application of household spray and a pro will have access to better chemicals. Some info on the link below.

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Bed-Bugs

Having just been through the bed bug thing, the best treatment is diatomeceous earth and a steam cleaner combined. I feel your pain, believe me.

Throwing away your mattress was completely unnecessary. They can live in the frame, in furniture, in cardboard boxes, and even in envelopes and plastic bags. Reducing clutter will help majorly too. You want to dust the DE on and around your bed frame (not on the mattress). The steam cleaner is great for disinfecting your home and will also destroy bed bugs and their eggs.

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 04-09-2012 at 01:44 AM. Reason: clarification

Jay - what is diatomeceous and where do you get it ?