Like Tree10Likes

Le Creuset - sale

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pepe77:
    Did they actually have good stuff last time ? was it worth going ?
    Im looking for the basic round Dutch Oven in regular/big size - and not in heart shape or what else they come up with
    Can't help on that. Could not face the queue so went home assuming all the good stuff, like the Dutch Oven that I would have bought, would have already gone.

If you can wait a few months Citisuper in Cwb had some Le Creuset items discounted in their annual sale last year.

Sogo didn't.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

On the Le Creuset Hong Kong website there are a few items with a promotional price.

Cast iron ones: Cast Iron Special Price Promotions - Le Creuset

I´m looking for round model, size 24 and/or 28. Waaaaaay too expensive in HK...and never really on sale

Towngas on the corner of Patterson Street in Cwb has cast iron cookware similar to LC, don't know the pricing but would assume cheaper than LC.

if youre not bothered about the branding, you can buy cast iron pans very cheap on tao bao. (despite fairly high postage costs it is still cheap overall) Also I noticed ikea has a cast iron pan for grilling. Not a dutch oven though.

go very early as the line to get in last time at TST was insane. it took us over an 1 hour just to get in

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    if youre not bothered about the branding, you can buy cast iron pans very cheap on tao bao. (despite fairly high postage costs it is still cheap overall) Also I noticed ikea has a cast iron pan for grilling. Not a dutch oven though.
    Yeah, I know what you mean.
    But....I have heard/read many bad reviews of non branded cast iron (with enamel finish) products.
    I dont NEED to have Le Creuset.....but, they are really one of the few brands where you can trust quality, and you will have the product for a life time.
    I would never trust Tao Bao for this and have also heard/read bad reviews of the IKEA "copies".

If anyone can suggest an alternative (still in good trustworthy quality) to Le Creuset....and if its available in Hong Kong...then I am definitely interested

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    Towngas on the corner of Patterson Street in Cwb has cast iron cookware similar to LC, don't know the pricing but would assume cheaper than LC.
    I´ll check that out...

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    Maybe refering to this: Towngas Cooking Center
    20cm - HKD 1650

LC has similar size priced at HKD 1758 (Promotion) so not much difference.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

The link pepe77 gave is for a Staub product. Staub are good too, which I guess it reflected in its price.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast