Like Tree5Likes

Extension cords?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks, everyone! Strangely, our apartment is *flush* with outlets along two walls, but I'm trying to plug in a lamp in the opposite corner. Maybe it's just time to move the lamp

I'll check Sham Shui Po before giving up, though.

Thanks, JGL, for the advice about the power strips. Definitely not trying to start a fire yet, having only lived here for three days...

Quote Originally Posted by caty80:
    Thanks, everyone! Strangely, our apartment is *flush* with outlets along two walls, but I'm trying to plug in a lamp in the opposite corner. Maybe it's just time to move the lamp

I'll check Sham Shui Po before giving up, though.

Thanks, JGL, for the advice about the power strips. Definitely not trying to start a fire yet, having only lived here for three days...
    find a 'electrical shop' and ask the person to make you a 'x' feet long extention cord.

Caty- the dedicated extension cords that I have seen are intended for industrial use. i.e. they are bright safety orange, possibly not quite what you're looking for at home.

You can get 2-socket powerbars that are white or black from electrical stores, which might be more appropriate.

Actually I do have a few 1 foot and 18 inch cords. My computer setup is quite elaborate and it was just easier to have short cords to the strip rather than wrap the cords up and have this big bundle of cables behind my desk.

Yes, I know, a tad pathetic and sad.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsix:
    Actually I do have a few 1 foot and 18 inch cords. My computer setup is quite elaborate and it was just easier to have short cords to the strip rather than wrap the cords up and have this big bundle of cables behind my desk.

Yes, I know, a tad pathetic and sad.
    Ditto. But when custom length cords cost $45, why not?