Like Tree4Likes

Expensive HP Printer Cartridges

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I have just installed my first set of 3rd party color laser toner cartridges from http://ink-hk.com a few days ago and I have to say it's a waste of money.

I have used their black cartridges before which were OK (not as good as the original but alright).

But the color ones are really unacceptable bad. The were full of color dust when I took them out the bag. Everything was full of dust and it was difficult to clean up. After that I installed it and now the pages I am printing are smudged and smeared all the time. Had the cleaning mode running at least 10 times, only little change.

I have had them for a month or two before I installed them, so I am probably out of luck complaining. But for me, it means back to the original expensive HP cartridges :/

For your info, here is the price difference (on that said web site):

full set of 4 colors their own brand: $1020
    full set of 4 colors HP original brand: $1980

$1020 down the drain and a lot of cleaning and wasted time.

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    I have just installed my first set of 3rd party color laser toner cartridges from http://ink-hk.com a few days ago and I have to say it's a waste of money.

I have used their black cartridges before which were OK (not as good as the original but alright).

But the color ones are really unacceptable bad. The were full of color dust when I took them out the bag. Everything was full of dust and it was difficult to clean up. After that I installed it and now the pages I am printing are smudged and smeared all the time. Had the cleaning mode running at least 10 times, only little change.

I have had them for a month or two before I installed them, so I am probably out of luck complaining. But for me, it means back to the original expensive HP cartridges :/

For your info, here is the price difference (on that said web site):

full set of 4 colors their own brand: $1020
    full set of 4 colors HP original brand: $1980

$1020 down the drain and a lot of cleaning and wasted time.
    I got out of all this by leasing in the end....have you considered that? I'm on my second leased machine now....I have a big Canon production printer, can print up to 300gsm in A3....

I pay $3000 p/m for 5 years, including 2000 b/w and 2000 colour per month.....0.02 for b/w and 0.9 for colour...I can print up to A3 for the same price!

Maintenance, toner, etc, is all in and they gave me $10k Broadway voucher with which I'm going to buy a Mac Mini and an iPad...

My previous machine was a Fuji Xerox, $650 p/m included 1500 b/w or 0.02 p/c and 0.9 per colour up to A3....again, all in! I upgraded because my volume increased and I needed to print on card.....actually I can make books now!!

If you print any kind of volume you have to lease IMO....

Hi, has anyone tried / used 365Print for printer cartridges before? They seem to be a bit cheaper than ink-hk?

http://www.365print.hk/en/