Like Tree8Likes

Bread Maker Advice

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hey BReaD,

Ask BaconBreadBaker

BaconBreadBaker likes this.

Mine beeps to add extra ingredients just before the last kneading.

I've made a loaf every 2 or 3 days. It's awesome easy. And flavor is improving with each loaf.

My favorites so far has been rye with roasted onion, and rye with jalapeño and onions. I use the booklet as a base, then adjust for adding more flavored and ingredients.

carang and Creative83 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    we don't use breadmix. we use bread flour. our recipe is flour, water, yeast, sugar, salt, (oil ?)...
    Sugar and oil? There is no sugar or oil in normal bread.

What I do:

Pre-dough
    160g water
    250g wholewheat flour
    1 TS (dry)yeast

Mix and keep in fridge for 12 hours

Final dough
    All of the pre-dough
    160g water
    250g wholewheat flour
    1 TS (dry)yeast
    2 TS salt

The pre-dough need to rest for about 12 hours to get sour. Otherwise your bread is tasteless.

our white bread has a little sugar and oil and salt. that is what is in the recipe.

and no, we don't let our dough rest for 12 hours. i don't want sourdough, i want white bread.

you do realise that there are different types of bread and that different people have different tastes?
    and just to let you know, when my mum and her hubby were visiting for a month, they liked our bread so much they went home and bought a breadmaker, too!

BaconBreadBaker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Sugar and oil? There is no sugar or oil in normal bread..
    Yes there is. yeast needs sugar to properly aCtivate and oil gives bread better flavour.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile
    carang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    our white bread has a little sugar and oil and salt. that is what is in the recipe.

and no, we don't let our dough rest for 12 hours. i don't want sourdough, i want white bread.

you do realise that there are different types of bread and that different people have different tastes?
    and just to let you know, when my mum and her hubby were visiting for a month, they liked our bread so much they went home and bought a breadmaker, too!
    Sounds delicious. LIKE.

I find most recipes call for a little sugar, although i tend to use brown sugar or honey as a replacement, and no white sugar.

one thing that i found to be doing different then every recipe I see online (including my manual):
    1. Add the hot water to the tin first
    2. then add any sugar (if any)
    3. then add your yeast and let it bubble for about 10 mins.
    4. then add the rest of your ingredients and place tin in machine and press start

Note: if your machine does a "rest" for the first 20 mins like mine, you can press start before you add the yeast to the water so that you save 10 mins there.

So many recipes say to not let yeast touch liquid before placing tin in machine, but i find my method works better.

Also, forgot to mention adding bacon to bread is mandatory if you want to enjoy life.

Last edited by BaconBreadBaker; 24-09-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Seriously. I've said it before and I'll say it again, make your bread by hand. It's easy and the results will eclipse any bread making machine. I baked these two loaves last week.

Video Instructions here:
    http://www.nytimes.com/video/2006/11...?smid=pl-share

Does rather presuppose folks have an oven. And is much more effort.

i just like making the dough in the machine, because its a lot less of a mess.
    When i used to make pizza dough it would make my kitchen look like a scene from the 3 stooges.

also i find my oven doesnt cook evenly.

carang likes this.