View Poll Results: Which Mattress is better and doesnt make you wake up like you have been given a good beating

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spring Mattress

9 39.13%
  • Spring with memory foam topper

12 52.17%
  • solid foam only

0 0%
  • Solid foam with memory foam topper

0 0%
  • No friggen Idea, I can sleep on anything

1 4.35%
  • Which ever is the cheapest

0 0%
  • I got lots of $$$$ so I buy the most expensive one

1 4.35%
Like Tree14Likes

Spring Vs Foam only Mattress, Which one is better

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jgl

8 years. How did this get necroed?

shri likes this.

Loooong ago, when I bought and decorated my maisonette back in Berkshire (Grotty Britain), I bought a double bed which could be upended to lay flat against the bedroom wall.

It required a light-weight foam mattress - so I also had one of them delivered.

After a couple of days, I decided that such a mattress was totally unsuitable for ME to sleep on.... I had chronic back ache from it !

I had to get the supplier to remove it and supply a "normal" spring mattress --- Which I could sleep -> Pain-free on.

Of course, this replacement mattress was considerably heavier than the original one & I was no longer able to safely move the bed into an upright position!

But that option of a pain free awakening negated the - then - loss of floor space!

Now, my wife & I stick to "normal" spring mattresses" but add in - for our "Old Age problems" a SINOMAX over the top of the mattress padding to provide additional comfort for our sleep.

It certainly stopped us wasting thousands of Dollars in getting a new mattress, and we slept a lot more comfortably - till I got rheumatism inflicting my shoulders as I wake in the morning..... but no different mattress will cure that!

I was doing some research on mattress the other day for our son and ran across this site. Hope it help:

https://www.bestmattress.hk/review/e...ttress-review/

For us, we have a foam mattress from Ashley Furniture. It is crazy thick, 13" and heavy. My Mrs. told me it is too soft for her back.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix0101:
    I was doing some research on mattress the other day for our son and ran across this site. Hope it help:

https://www.bestmattress.hk/review/e...ttress-review/

For us, we have a foam mattress from Ashley Furniture. It is crazy thick, 13" and heavy. My Mrs. told me it is too soft for her back.
    That mattress review site... lol

"This website is operated by DIBMaT GmbH, a fully-owned subsidiary of Emma Sleep GmbH, a leading sleep-tech company"

Surprisingly, that found their mattress the best... who would have thunk it?

bdw

I use a Koala mattress. au.koala.com. Very popular in Australia now. They deliver to you free in a box within 4 hours of you ordering online. Pickup for free with a 100% refund within 120 days if you are not happy with it. They have just launched in Japan now at jp.koala.com, I think they are also launching in HK soon, they have purchased the domain hk.koala.com

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    I use a Koala mattress. au.koala.com. Very popular in Australia now. They deliver to you free in a box within 4 hours of you ordering online. Pickup for free with a 100% refund within 120 days if you are not happy with it. They have just launched in Japan now at jp.koala.com, I think they are also launching in HK soon, they have purchased the domain hk.koala.com
    This has all been copied from the US where this sort of thing has been going on for years...

I know this will appeal to the freetard in you

https://www.wsj.com/articles/uninten...ls-11575474415
    bdw likes this.

I find foam inferior and useless. After the many mattress trials we thought a reasonable spring is important, a bonus if it’s less heavy than the ones we used before (Airland, the golden series): Sleep Therapeutics.
    Again, comfort is very personal

Last edited by gigglinggal; 07-08-2020 at 03:10 AM. Reason: to add

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    8 years. How did this get necroed?
    I didn't even look at the date. Seems that someone voted which bumped the topic
    jgl likes this.

I have tried 7+ foam mattresses (Casper etc) when I was in the US. i don’t like them that much. They sleep kind of hot and can be too soft sometimes.

Nothing better than a spring mattress. The best are hybrids with pocketed coils as the core support + a latex topper)

Nothing beats a coconut coir mattress

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2