Asus Eee PC - Where to buy?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Asus Eee PC - Where to buy?

Any recommendations on the cheapest place to buy an Asus Eee PC in Hong Kong or Macau?

ASUS | Eee PC

I already have a laptop but I want something like the Asus for travelling as it's only 1kg in weight and has virtually no moving parts to go wrong.

Also on the looks out for Desay made mobile phones

Fortress is an option

May be is not the cheapest one, they are asking about hk$3000. Linux installed, that's great.

http://www.fortress.com.hk/fortress/...USEEEPC4GBK005
    you also can try wanchai computer center or windsor house 10th and 11th floor, if they don't have it in stock, they can get it in couple of days.
    Good luck.

Linux Rules/

I saw one (White ASUS mini computery thing) in the wanchai computer centre last week. My memory is sketchy but I think on the 2nd floor turn left from the escalator. No idea on price.

2998 HKD for the 4GB version in Wanchai computer center. 3998 HKD for the 8GB, but i dont think it is in stock right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nghia:
    2998 HKD for the 4GB version in Wanchai computer center. 3998 HKD for the 8GB, but i dont think it is in stock right now.
    1k premium for 4gb? Thats madness, just get yourself a 4 gb memory stick for a few hundred.

But yes 2998 is the typical price you pay for the 4gb.
    I would recommend though that you do upgrade the ram to 1gb though as it can hang a bit at times.

Fortress or Best have them in stock, whilst the latter has it on show I only saw it the box on display in Fortress. A bit strange.

Have any of you guys updated the bios on yours so that it recognises 2gb of ram installed?

I bought a 2gb stick yesterday in preperation for maybe installing xp lite on it but have now decided to stick with Linux.

I have read the eee forums and seen some instructions on how to do it, But even though I'm supposed to be a helpdesk analyst I don't want to risk bricking it as I don't have the recovery discs with me.

If theres anybody that knows how to do it and can do it for me in exchange of a few beer tokens then I'll very much appreciate it.

You need a bios update to use 2gb of ram?
    I bought an Eee pc for a friend last weekend and the sales dude said the 2gb of ram would be recognized in windows but not in Linux. Though cannot really confirm since its not my Eee pc.
    Also, we found a few stores in wanchai computer center selling Eee pc for only 27xxhkd but the case is color pink.

Last edited by ewankho; 23-01-2008 at 01:15 PM.

Yup indeed, If you stick with Linux then it only recognises 2gb memory as 1gb unless you update the bios.

But 2gb with Windows is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ewankho:
    You need a bios update to use 2gb of ram?
    I bought an Eee pc for a friend last weekend and the sales dude said the 2gb of ram would be recognized in windows but not in Linux. Though cannot really confirm since its not my Eee pc.
    Also, we found a few stores in wanchai computer center selling Eee pc for only 27xxhkd but the case is color pink.
    So you bought the laptop with pink color case to save less than 300 HK$? and you still don't know how I know that you are gay?

sorry dude

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast