Like Tree43Likes

Groupon fights for its life as daily deals fade.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Just call your credit card company and ask them for a charge back due to non-delivery of good / services.
    Let me bitch about it a bit more first.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    I asked for a refund and they closed my account!
    What were you trying to buy?

I've had no trouble getting refunds from Valuup or Twangoo, never tried with Groupon. But overall my general Groupon-esque experience has been pretty good. The deals are mostly not of interest now though.

the redemption time period in Hong Kong seems to be shorter than US. I had some groupons expire before I could redeem them. that was when I decided to stop buying, not to mention most restaurants were just so so, nothing I would go back to at the full price.

I've generally had pretty positive experiences with Groupon, Bought a dehumidifier, heater, memory cards, plenty of Rekorderlig cider, bunch of vouchers at a restaurant we use all the time and no problems. Only hassle was for some tailored shirts, the material that was valid for the voucher was rubbish so I had to pay extra to get something of a decent colour/quality. Even with the extra money it was still about the same price as if I'd just bought them anyway. So long as you can see exactly what you are getting I think it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    What were you trying to buy?
    Something under "electronics".
    Mr. Personality likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Seano76:
    So long as you can see exactly what you are getting I think it's fine.
    I saw what I was getting, only I didn't get it.

It seems Groupon never arranged for sufficient stock to be available in the redemption centre for what was purchased. I guess it didn't have its usual % of no-shows. BTW, this was before the last redemption day.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Something under "electronics".
    heh, "electronics", heh.

vmlinuz likes this.

Not what your dirty mind is thinking about pin. (Didn't want to say as sometimes my old man browses by here and it was to be a present for him. Have to find it elsewhere now. A trip to Wanchai Computer Centre ... argghhhhh...)

Anyway... an update.

Decided to get answer out of them once and for all. No more Ms Nice Gal. The result is Groupon confirmed a refund, after I repeatedly refused "store credit". Hope to see it on my credit card statement by Christmas. Why they couldn't just do this weeks ago...

Mr. Personality likes this.

There doesn't seem to be much long-term upside in being in the business of facilitating other businesses serving themselves up on a platter to a self-selected club comprised to a significant extent of extremely frugal people (e.g. Romney who allegedly popped his popcorn at home and sneaked it into cinemas in his wife's bag and who still supposedly runs around switching taps off in his mansions) and just plain poor people.

Not much repeat business.
    Nor much upselling / additional full-priced goods or services.
    High utilization of offers.

audiology and Mr. Personality like this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast