Kindle in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Kindle in Hong Kong

Where can I buy a Kindle in Hong Kong.
    Thanks

I saw the Kindle Paperwhite today in the Wanchai Computer Center (the one just above Wanchai MTR).

Am I going crazy or does the previous version look white enough?

then when they try to contrast the same model with paperwhite, it all of a sudden look like this:

vs

Darn those optical illusions ! It's effing with my brain!

Last edited by Creative83; 17-11-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Hi,
    You are talking about the Kindle Paperwhite that is not available through Amazon outside of the US yet, right? Do you remember which store it is exactly and do you have any experience on whether its trustworthy to buy from them? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Namnam:
    Hi,
    You are talking about the Kindle Paperwhite that is not available through Amazon outside of the US yet, right? Do you remember which store it is exactly and do you have any experience on whether its trustworthy to buy from them? Thanks
    Have a look at the mobilread.com forums first. There are some issues with the Kindle Paperwhite's screens (discolouration, uneven light distribution and dead pixels) - when you buy a parallel import here in Hong Kong, I am not sure if and how it is covered in case you need/want to return it due to defects. I don't think Amazon's warranty covers goods not bought from their website.