What's happened to all the VEGEMITE??

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What's happened to all the VEGEMITE??

Where is all the vegemite?? I've been to countless welcome and Park'n'shop stores, Great, Olivers, 360 and found empty vegemite supplies. I'm not an addict but i'm in real need..............

Tried City Super?

I haven't looked for it there for a while (bought a large jar the last time I was in Australia), but from memory I got a jar from City Super in IFC. It was on the shelves behind the registers (near the bakery).

Good Luck.

The manufacturer of vegemite has decided to stop making it, conceding that it was only ever an exceedingly poor substitute for the real thing - Marmite.

Kidding, well about the stopping of making it that is...

Unfortunately you are the victim of HK supermarkets' poor stock re-ordering. Occasionally the stores just run out of stock and, as this stuff is imported, it can take a while to see it again.

Go with labull’s advice and try CitySuper. Here’s the Customer Service number for IFC: 2234 7128.

hello.
    i hv an opened but UNTOUCHED (my OZ frd got it for me just so that i can get a whiff of it) bottle at home, do u want it?

also, i've seen it at the citysuper in harbour city.

yeah city super was going to be my last hope....but not holding out
    I normally have someone from Oz to bring me a large jar to get me through but as i'm one of those who enjoys it about 1cm thick on toast it doesn't last long.
    I almost succumbed to marmite AJZ to get me through this difficult patch. saw plenty on the shelves - going for $64 a pop. Had it before but the comparison doesn't stack anywhere near the good stuff and for that price i thought they were having a real laugh.
    Looks like Beafan i may have to take you up on your generous offer!!

Quote Originally Posted by labull:
    Looks like Beafan i may have to take you up on your generous offer!!
    please take it. it's a small jar but i dont like wasting food. i'm dead serious. just PM me and i'll drop it off somewhere!

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

I saw Vegemite at Taste - Hopewell Centre just before CNY.

All the other places mentioned on this thread should all have it. If you don't spot it raise a stink with the manager, Thats what he's there for.

I saw some small tubes of Vegemite in the Harbour City branch of City'super on Saturday.

I must say I'm relieved I'm not the only one having the "missing Vegemite" problem. My local park n shop, don't have it at the moment either and usually there is plenty of stock. But I have also noticed the Mainland Cheese variety has disappeared and the Quakers oats in a tin is also gone. I am just hoping they were slack ordering them over the CNY period. Good luck finding some!

Wow, I'm from Sydney and you can find this stuff every where .. didn't know ppl in HK liked the stuff haha. If anyone is interested i can possibly bring some back for them in May.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast