Like Tree2Likes

where are the pricerite's located?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

how does a cheap mattress not suit your needs? i also doubt Pricerite has a mattress for $4500.

Dan

You did try it out instore and checked the measurements? Then how can it not suit your needs?
    Also B&Q doesn't exist anymore.

Your first post criticizing Pricerite hmmmmmm

Pricerite has mattresses from around $2000. The $4500 mattress was for an firmer model. These are not your brand name mattresses like Sealy or Simmons. This was a Hekura.

Yes, I tried it out in the store. My girlfriend wanted the firmer model, but I wasn't sure based on a few minutes test at the store. When the sales girl said I could exchange it if I didn't like it, it seemed like the perfect solution.

Maybe your girlfriend persuaded them to say it so that she gets what she wants, not what you want?

how can lugging a ginormous mattress around hk be considered as the perfect solution to anything?

bookblogger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey
    how does a cheap mattress not suit your needs? i also doubt Pricerite has a mattress for $4500.
    Mine is from pricerite and did cost HKD 2700 (Sweet Dream brand).

@dyuen3, on the back side of the sales memo you can find the terms and conditions. Mine states a 7-day return policy, unless the item was a display item or discounted or specifically excluded on the memo.

Should point out that I made the purchase end of 2008, so things may have changed since then.

indeed after 7 days it's not possible to change the product:
    Pricerite.com.hk Limited

And even then explicitly not for unwrapped mattresses. Assuming the T&Cs are the same as for online purchase)

9. RETURN POLICY
    9.1 Return or exchange request will not be accepted for:
    a. Damaged Products after acknowledgement of receipt
    b. Unwrapped mattress and bedding items
    c. Used Products
    d. Mattress or sofa with measurement discrepancy within +/- 1 inch arising from manufacturing process
    e. Discrepancy between the physical Product and the Product photo on Pricerite eShop
    9.2 Should there be any inherent defects or damages found on Products, Customers should contact CS hotline within 7 days of delivery to arrange exchange of the same model of the returned Product.
    9.3 To exchange or refund, Customers should present the unsatisfied Product with full package and a valid invoice.
    9.4 Pricerite may arrange refund to customers only if the goods returned cannot be exchanged for the same model due to stock shortage.
    9.5 Refund shall be made to Customer in the form Pricerite Stores Limited's gift certificate.
    9.6 Pricerite reserves the right to charge the Customer fee for handling any return request including inspection, disassemble and transportation fee.
    9.7 Refund amount will be the sum paid by customer for the item less any fee charged for processing the return request.
    9.8 Refund will take approximately 4-6 weeks' processing time from the date of the refund request accepted by Pricerite.
    9.9 Exchange / Refund request raised after 7 days of delivery will not be accepted.
    Last edited by PDLM; 31-01-2011 at 12:40 AM.

The back of my invoice states there is a 7 day "Return Guarantee":

"22. Customer is eligible to enjoy the privileged 7 Days Return Guarantee. For detailed terms and conditions of the guarantee, please refer to the policy statemnet displayed at PSL stores or posted on PSL website or contact PSL customer service officer."

On the Pricerite website I find this:
    "9. RETURN POLICY
    9.1 Return or exchange request will not be accepted for:
    a. Damaged Products after acknowledgement of receipt
    b. Unwrapped mattress and bedding items
    c. Used Products
    d. Mattress or sofa with measurement discrepancy within +/- 1 inch arising from manufacturing process
    e. Discrepancy between the physical Product and the Product photo on Pricerite eShop"

Thanks Raccon for directing us there.

So, the manager was right and the store sales person who told us there was a 10 day exchange period was either lying or didn't know what she was talking about.

And the sales person at the other Pricerite store who told the other shopper
    there was a 7 day exchange period on her mattress was either lying or didn't know what he/she was talking about.

Lessons learned:
    1. Pricerite sales people are either incompetent or liars
    2. Get everything in writing so you can take them to court, if you ever need to.

BTW: I just found better mattresses at around the same price at IKEA with a written 90 day guarantee that allows 2 exchanges and money back if you are not completely satisfied. I brought home the guarantee statement leaflet with my invoice. Go during off-peak hours to avoid the insane crowds.

Also for anyone interested, the Pricerite stores in question were in Causeway Bay and North Point. The IKEA store was in Shatin.

Quote Originally Posted by dyuen3
    Pricerite has mattresses from around $2000. The $4500 mattress was for an firmer model. These are not your brand name mattresses like Sealy or Simmons. This was a Hekura.

Yes, I tried it out in the store. My girlfriend wanted the firmer model, but I wasn't sure based on a few minutes test at the store. When the sales girl said I could exchange it if I didn't like it, it seemed like the perfect solution.
    surely, if a mattress would be used for a few years, then you and ur gf should off tested a bit longer than a few minutes (i and my wife tried repeatedly for our nice luxury mattress from Casablanca, possibly more than 25 mins, avalible in most dept store, but i found a cheaper option for the same product - direct from manufacturer).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast