Like Tree2Likes

where are the pricerite's located?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bliss
    here's the link to the locations but it's all in chinese so have someone read it for you.

pricerite locations
    Or alternatively, click on the "English" button and, as if by magic......

Quote Originally Posted by dyuen3
    I don't recommend Pricerite. We just had a horrible experience.

I bought a $4500 mattress because the sales girl said I could exchange it within 10 days if it didn't suit me. When I tried to exchange it, they denied everything. The sales girl denied ever saying that. The manager denied it was ever a policy to allow exchanges. Not only did my girlfriend and I distinctly remember her saying that, but another passerby overheard our conversation and told us that she just bought a mattress at a different Pricerite store, after her salesman told her she could exchange after 7 days if it didn't suit her.

Very interesting, because their denials varied.
    The sales girl said we missed our exchange period, which was actually 7 days.
    But the manager said it was impossible that anyone would say exchanges were even possible. He said that in his 8 years at the store, it was never a policy to allow exchanges. Smell a lie - or two?

Now we are stuck and may take legal action. Anyone have a similar experience?

Shop Pricerite at your own peril.

Would love for someone to recommend an alternative. Will probably check out B&Q now....

Dan

Sorry to hear about your horrible experience with Pricerite. I was also shopping for a mattress this weekend and went to Pricerite in Causeway Bay and got a quote for aprrox $4800. I specifcially asked if they would exchange it if the mattress isn't suitable on a later date (as you can't tell by lying there for a minute with all the sales people staring at you!), she said no, because of hygiene reasons. So we went across the road to Ikea and it was half the price with 90 days return policy and you can change up to 2 mattresses if it's not suitable.

I don't want to generalise everything in HK, but just keep an arms length with their hard sell tactics, as the Pricerite lady was using the "time pressure" tactic as I needed the mattress by mid February...

Good luck!

Which Pricerite has the largest showroom in Hong Kong? Just kind of curious. I visited the one in Kennedy Town which seemed pretty big compared to the Causeway Bay basement, but wondering if there was one that was much bigger up in Kowloon or the New Territories.

not only pricerite salespersons but many others focus on short term sales. they just want to close the deal that is right in front of them and neglect the possiblity of any future sales by the same customer. just be careful the next time you shop.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    (i and my wife tried repeatedly for our nice luxury mattress from Casablanca, possibly more than 25 mins,
    Must have been quite a sight.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    Must have been quite a sight.
    i meant that we test quite a few mattresses and nor was the staff was pushy for a sale,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3