Where to buy BOLLYWOOD MOVIES?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Where to buy BOLLYWOOD MOVIES?

I sometimes go to TST Chong king mansion, (mainly I buy from nepali guy's shop) but is there any other places? sometimes they don't have what I requested.

And is there anywhere I can actually see bollywood movies in big screen..? :bigparty

I always check event free papers but I never find this kind.

bollywood

yeah, i dont think u'll find those in event news.
    well there are some cinema halls like chinachem in TST, they release new bollywood movies. Its pretty good i've seen a few there. Morning Star is a shop on first floor in CKM, you can find info there

New indian movie in HK!!

Thank you for your comment, I didn't know there is such an event in HK!!
    I will check CKM for coming events. Thanks.

... how come there are no indian movies in the normal movie theater... BROADWAY CINEMATHEQUE is always having korean, french, japanese movie festivals but never even show single indian movies.. while there are many indian(or other indian movie fans) living in HK.

For example Aamir's TAARE ZAMEEN PAR is great for everyone, not only for bollywood fans....

There is a great place in Mirador mansions (i think on the first or second floor) that sells them for HK$20 each.

Mirador??

Not Cheng king mansion?

Indeed - big screen shows are generally on display at Morning Star and a few other 1st-floor shops in Chung King.

Most of them will have 2-3 prints of release... I've actually found a few rare titles even make it to Shenzhen / Guangzhou markets @ RMB 5-6 each

Quote Originally Posted by tora-chan:
    Not Cheng king mansion?
    I'm sure Chung King has loads of DVD shops, but the one we keep on going to is in Mirador. If you want to I can find out the exact details, but I don't go to the dark side that often.

Bollywood sounds a rather disgraceful name for India movie industry...which is huge and has great fan following all over the world...

term "BOLLYWOOD"

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    Bollywood sounds a rather disgraceful name for India movie industry......
    yes some people say that but many of indian filmmakers/filmstars are using this term.
    And here, everybody can easily understand what kind of movies I am talking about.

I don't like that term "Bollywood"either, but if Indian people want to say that their movies are nothing to do with hollywood, first they should stop making hollywood's copies saying it is 'inspired'
    This, is disgraceful I think.

Bollywood

The term bollywood was derived from Bombay-Hollywood and has been used for at least decade now.

And yes, the copied scripts is a horrible attempt at 'inspiration' but movie producers and directors are there to make money. When a population of 1 billion had not seen the original Hollywood or other script, the imitators are likely to get away with it.

Copying in music is even worse - but I'll be honest, I hum to a lot of the copied beats too

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast