question about my thermo pot

Closed Thread

question about my thermo pot

so I just bought a Rasonic Thermo pot (B33TC). Purchased it once and the electronic dispense button didn't work, so I got it exchanged for another one. Second one, all works fine. took it home, inspected it, and looks brand new and in all working order.

After the first boil, the bottom of the inner pot produces some red particles, or stains on the pot. It looks like rust, but it's not because you can wash most of it off with force. I scaled it with lemon, as per the instruction manual, and that seemed to help. I boiled another pot over night and the red stuff came back.

Any one experience this? and any solution? I called Rasonic and they suggest to take it to the service center. I'm trying to avoid lugging it around if there is a DIY solution.

Manual only suggest the lemon cleaning, and it mentions it is because of the mineral in the water.

If that's the case, am I stuck with this?

go buy a few liters of distill water (not mineral water) from supermarket and try it. If there is no stains, then you need to re-pipe your apt or block, whichever is more convenient