auctions.yahoo.co.jp - how to buy?

Closed Thread

auctions.yahoo.co.jp - how to buy?

I some some really cool items on auctions.yahoo.co.jp - but I am aware that it's really difficult to buy from there and most sellers don't ship overseas anyway.

Here my question, does somebody has any experience with some agents that can bid and buy stuff on yahoo JP and ship to HK?

There are many proxy services that will bid for you in Japan and ship to Hong Kong. I use MyBidBuy and JP-Orders myself and am quite happy with them.

Just search for strings like "Yahoo Japan auction bid Hong Kong" and it should turn up a couple of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Petesy:
    There are many proxy services that will bid for you in Japan and ship to Hong Kong. I use MyBidBuy and JP-Orders myself and am quite happy with them.

Just search for strings like "Yahoo Japan auction bid Hong Kong" and it should turn up a couple of them.
    how much do they charge in commission? and shipping cost?

I signed up with http://www.shoppingmalljapan.com and it worked fine.

A ¥111,000 item cost in the end pretty exactly HK$10,000 incl. all fees, shipping to HK (US$95) and the US$>$ conversion on my Visa card.

Tenso, a Japanese forwarding company, has started a new proxy service especially for Yahoo Auction, you might want to take a look at it. The address is buyee.jp.

The fees seem reasonable, 10% processing fee (500 yen minimum) + 200 yen payment fee + actual EMS shipping.

With shoppingmalljapan.com a ¥111,000 item did cost me pretty much exactly HK$10,000 upon arrival. Shipping was roughly US$ 90 - so their handling and fees was about HK$800 . That cost includes also shipping from the seller to their JP warehouse.

There is some IMHO unnecessary cost. They convert the ¥ to US$ to a poor rate, rather then bill me directly in ¥.

Ok, buyee.jp has an online calculator: ¥111,000 > ¥129,550 inc. shipping = HK$ 9,881

Not a HUGE difference, Need consider that this includes not shipping from seller top them. In the end it's about the same.