Like Tree8Likes

Wide radius compact umbrella

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    You half expect to lose your car every time you park it?

Strange...
    Yes that's so clearly what I meant.
    Lootoo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by carn1x:
    With all this lovely weather we're having I'm finding I'm spending a lot of time carrying umbrellas. I remember back in the UK my dad had what seemed to be the mercedes of compact umbrellas. It expanded to the width of a 7-Eleven umbrella but was only a foot tall. Very good build quality and the material looked like it could last a few typhoons as I recall. Does anybody know of anything similar for sale in HK? I don't really know what price range to expect, but if it's built to last then great! Thanks
    This place in the Dragon Centre, SSP, has a model which is what you are describing. You get a choice of fabrics.

It also happens to have a springload mechanism that causes the button to first extend, and then later retract, the arms.

They are, off memory, in the vicinity of $500 +/- a hundred.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leung_So_Kee

Marks and spencers central store have a wide radius compact umbrella with a spring mechanism you can use for self defence

Did you try checking out M&S? They do have some wide radius umbrella.

Quote Originally Posted by dtb:
    Did you try checking out M&S? They do have some wide radius umbrella.

This is the one I bought for Mrs Hong Kong 7 . Didn't previously know umbrellas had different qualities . This one you can't just leave it on the bus though its too pricey

Sent from my ST27i using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by chris_yang22:
    I too was wondering about getting the best umbrella money can buy. Most of the garden variety stuff is really poorly made or quite flimsy, especially in a typhoon. I will take a look at Waterfront but can't imagine at HKD $230 it's the best there is out there, or am I way off base here?
    Why would you even think about using an umbrella in a typhoon?

Unfortunately, this isn't even Darwin award material as some other poor sod is going to 'get it'!

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Really? If someone takes it, that's theft. I still have my college umbrella - slightly tattered and worn but still fabulous for keeping dry - it's absolutely HUGE. And over 25 years old!
    Mine are usually stolen by my wife...who then leaves them in restaurants, taxis, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lootoo:
    Mine are usually stolen by my wife...who then leaves them in restaurants, taxis, etc.
    Hmm - I can't help you if you can't train your spouse. MrMin is under no illusions as to what would happen to him if he stole my umbrella, let alone left it somewhere!
    Lootoo likes this.

Name:  ImageUploadedByGeoClicks1369612153.678604.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  85.9 KB maybe this?

DearGiant loved a wide radius umbrella...where is he?