Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kiz

Bicarbonate of soda

Closed Thread

Bicarbonate of soda

Do we get Bicarbonate of soda in Hong Kong?

If I am not wrong, I think it is called Baking Soda in common language. Where do I get it ? PNS or Wellcom ?

Last edited by Joseph098765; 25-04-2013 at 05:18 AM.

Baking soda?

I would think it's available in the baking sections of the larger grocery store markets. I would try the upscale versions of markets which are more likely to have an extensive baking section (i.e Taste and International rather than PnS and Jason's Mkt Pl instead of Wellcome). Certainly available at baking specialty stores such as TWINSCo next to exit A3 of the Wan Chai MTR.

If your are looking for the box of Arm & Hammer baking soda (typically sold in the US) I would try A&M at Shun Tak basement or Gateway on Des Voux in Sheung Wan

I have bought it in Taste at Tung Chung.

Packaging is just different so you need to read the label. I have got it in a small box or a small plastic 'bottle'.
    Its near all the flour, vanilla, etc.

Its baking soda and you can get it at PNS.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    If your are looking for the box of Arm & Hammer baking soda (typically sold in the US) I would try A&M at Shun Tak basement or Gateway on Des Voux in Sheung Wan
    Arm&Hammer Baking soda is sold at Wellcome.
    http://shop.wellcome.com.hk/userfile...l/PL101094.jpg
    Name:  PL101094.jpg
Views: 2006
Size:  17.8 KB

You can buy baking soda just about anywhere here and in large packets (like Arm & Hammer)! Much easier to keep up with American baking soda habits than in Europe, where it's just sold in small packets! It's there in every supermarket -- just look for it.

Is there anywhere I could buy bicarbonate soda in large quantity? eg, 5kg ? I use it for clean my flat instead of chemicals..

Quote Originally Posted by panadol:
    Is there anywhere I could buy bicarbonate soda in large quantity? eg, 5kg ? I use it for clean my flat instead of chemicals..
    I got a big bag at Jasons market place the other day. Must be something like 3-5kg. Arm & Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz:
    I got a big bag at Jasons market place the other day. Must be something like 3-5kg. Arm & Hammer
    Thanks for the help! Which store, may I ask?

Happy Valley

panadol likes this.