Like Tree7Likes

Food Shopping In Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    >> Keep them on your balcony and feed them leftovers from your table.

Probably makes the chicken inorganic, unless you're feeding it organic chicken (or other organically produced food so that there are no chemicals involved in the food chain....)

Truly organic products require a LOT of work and investment.

But we're digressing ...

Better to be pragmatic and go with the best you can afford - the quality of which could perhaps be improved by buying in larger quantities and getting trade discounts.

Organic is not the end all ... people have survived for centuries with in-organic food.
    Agreed !!!!! I thought organic meant that it came off the land or out of the sea. Non processed. The closest anything edible would get to organic is non GM here. Even my doctor, who is local told me that the organic farming and subsequent labeling of such, is unregulated in this country. Just wash your fruit and veg and meat. Make sure it's as fresh as you can get it. I know that PnS at Coda Plaza, Macdonnell rd had organic chickens ( bought one for Christmas one year when we lived there) and also Great, in Pacific Place.

http://www.south-stream-seafoods.com/product/002.html

I think I just saw a slice of heaven. Used to go down to the docks in Tauranga and get them fresh of the boat. Definitely getting me some.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    So where can I get a good piece of Gouda, preferably medium age, in a piece, not sliced, for a reasonable price? Note: reasonable price exclused PnS, Wellcome, and certainly Citisuper etc.

I can buy a Kg or two. Or more if somebody else wants to share.
    Try Eurogoodies. Google. Also The Dutch on Queens Rd East.

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    Try Eurogoodies. Google. Also The Dutch on Queens Rd East.
    The Dutch has a little shop in Sai Kung too, right? Very nice high quality selection (in Sai Kung), but prices are much on the high side. Checked Eurogoodies too, looks they have only sliced Gouda.

Only sliced Gouda in Eurogoodies? Then you would be better off buying it in Taste. I don't know about The Dutch having a store in Sai Kung, but they do have a large rangein Central, and for what I thought was reasonably priced. I like their pesto or chilli Gouda. Also the range of South African wines on offer to match. Plus, you get free tastings.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4