Like Tree42Likes

Where to buy fake Abercrombie, hollister and Gap clothing

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    They might not be cheap when it comes to the price, but they are cheaply made and as far as I am concerned pretty lousy when it comes to material quality and workmanship (I did work in the rug trade for 20+ years, the company I worked for used the same factories as A&F, Hollister, Superdry, etc. for production).
    They can charge the price due to clever marketing (or lately for A&F not so clever, as it backfired quite a bit).
    Why anyone would want to buy a pirated copy of a cheaply made garment is beyond me though.
    Here is the link about the A&F backlash
    http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2013/05/...by-greg-karber
    Down a certain lane way market in the Shenzhen Dongmen area, there are lots of Abercrappy n Fitch shirts.

...alongside all the other iPod, Adidas, Nike shirts, shorts ( got a good pair of Nike ones for 25 RMB for my hubby last week) and t shirts with ," let me feel your smile" slogans on them.

Why on earth would anyone want to buy ( not dissing the OP, just generalization here) a knock off of a designer label that is made unbelievably badly it looks cheaper than.....the bona fide label made in a sweatshop.
    elle likes this.

Shocked

I'm sorry....if you are looking for advise so you can buy these fakes products then I think it's awful that you're asking for advise! Fakes/Copies etc (call them what you will) of any product are ILLEGAL.

It doesn't matter that they are prevalent here in HK, they are STILL ILLEGAL.

Anybody who works for any of the companies that you mention are currently actively searching out places that sell fakes of their products and are currently chasing down lines of investigation to get these places and their suppliers closed down, but because of this attitude that is' ok to buy fakes, it's an uphill struggle.

I'm not stupid, I know these things are out there and I know that there are plenty of customers for the fake products but to actively and openly ask for advise on how to find them (with a view to purchasing), on a forum such as this, is in my view - wrong.

Football16 likes this.

Discussion of illegal activities is not illegal nor wrong.

You want everyone to stop talking about speeding, live out helpers, downloading movies, buying MJ, smuggling booze and cigs?

I can't see the point in buying fake clothes. The quality is usually poor. They fit bad, stitching is bad, material is much thinner, they may fade. Plus the mandatory spelling errors.

If you want cheap and good there is Zara, H&M, Giordano, Bossini, + many more.

dougler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Discussion of illegal activities is not illegal nor wrong.

You want everyone to stop talking about speeding, live out helpers, downloading movies, buying MJ, smuggling booze and cigs?
    Discussion is not wrong, of course, but to ask where to buy illegal products is surely unethical to say the least.....and any responses that provide guidance on where they know the illegal products can be purchased is surely something the administrators of this site should clamp down on.

So for example, if somebody wanted to know the best way to smuggle booze and cigs, then yes, I would say those sorts of discussions should be stopped in this forum. Failing to do so just encourages people to do it.

For example....I would imagine that if anybody did a google search for ways to perform certain highly illegal and/or violent activities, you might expect somebody to come knocking to find out why you're so interested.....why?.....because they're illegal and the average person has no reason to know unless they're planning to committ a crime.

Sorry.....this subject is very close to my heart. I have a lot of friends who work at companies where their designs are being ripped off by counterfeiters and when I see intellectual and copyright protection being so blatantly flouted, it just gets me so frustrated. They are fighting an uphill battle on this, and it's a nightmare.

I'm not sure about this under triad laws.
    It's probably not illegal to ask where he can buy it.

I think a case can be made against a responder who:
    a/ admits they know the activity is illegal
    b/ and then provides information on where to get it

I don't think it's illegal to ask or even to give advice on where to buy this stuff. My point is that I think it's wrong to ask on an open forum, where to buy illegal products, and for the site admin not to remove the post or at least remove any advice given as that would be encouraging illegal sales. As I say, I'm not stupid I know that the sales will continue for a very long time but we should not encourage this practice.

If the buyer feels a genuine product is too expensive.....don't buy it.

Although that said, I hope staff from these firms are reading these forums so they can go and find the counterfeiters, and get them closed down.

Last edited by dougler; 11-07-2013 at 12:43 AM.

The OP has just moved to HK, has no idea about HK culture and how they spend, and miraculously comes to the decision that some of the locals must be wearing fakes........

Time to go out in the world and experience life a bit?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app