anyone try bbq chickens at taste?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

anyone try bbq chickens at taste?

want to try to bbq chickens at taste. are these like the bbq chickens in canada or australia? or are these chinese chickens with chinese herbs on them?

Ummm they're certainly not barbecue in flavour, They're just your over roasted chickens with some herbs etc on it, O.k but certainly not what you're probably expecting.

thanks jimbo, maybe i'll have to go to dan ryan's for their half chicken then

Quote Originally Posted by peppy5:
    want to try to bbq chickens at taste. are these like the bbq chickens in canada or australia? or are these chinese chickens with chinese herbs on them?
    What is holding you back from trying them?

Quote Originally Posted by HKNewBi:
    What is holding you back from trying them?
    i don't want to waste money and i don't want to be disappointed

Peppey5

they are not that bad. it's not Chinese herbs - they have things like rosemary and blackpepper on them.

however, I don't think the quality of the meat is that good and therefore the inside of the meat is always chewy and dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Katanga:
    Peppey5

they are not that bad. it's not Chinese herbs - they have things like rosemary and blackpepper on them.

however, I don't think the quality of the meat is that good and therefore the inside of the meat is always chewy and dry.
    after your comments about the meat being chewy and dry, i'm really glad that i didn't pick one up

Quote Originally Posted by peppy5:
    after your comments about the meat being chewy and dry, i'm really glad that i didn't pick one up
    Of course its also dependant on when you buy, If its fresh out the oven then its fine but if its been sitting around for a few hrs then sure it will taste like crap.

Theres a good BBQ chicken place by the mid-levels escalator. Somewhere fairly high up, around Caine Rd.

always find the chickens at Olivers good. $80 but then knocked down to $50 by the end of the day

Place on the escalator is Chicken on the Run, just above Caine

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast