Like Tree3Likes

Baby food

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Baby food

Anyone attempted and succeeded in buying baby food in bulk? Heinz, ella's kitchen etc

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using GeoClicks Mobile

Are you planning to cash in on the mainland demand? So long as your are not planning to ship it all at once to the mainland, it should be legal right?

Haha that will be the next thing they will trade in!

TankerMan likes this.

And no...no intention of selling on...

TankerMan likes this.

I've been told that every six months there are big baby fairs in the convention centres (e.g. Wan Chai) where you can bulk-buy stuff. Never confirmed this myself as the idea of fighting through swarms of shoppers has never been high on my list of things to do.

TankerMan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    I've been told that every six months there are big baby fairs in the convention centres (e.g. Wan Chai) where you can bulk-buy stuff. Never confirmed this myself as the idea of fighting through swarms of shoppers has never been high on my list of things to do.
    I usually buy my nappies in bulk, cheaper and free delivery at baby fair, there is large one during august in wan chai and smaller one during jan/feb, the last one I save around HK$500 for 2 cartons containing 18 packs delivered to my apartment.

most distributors are there, bulk buying save money, some brands give excellent prices compared to normal prices, some have crap prices , some products are wacky,expensive and useless crap (probably for hipsters) ie, a transforming compacting stroller with actuators which weights 40kgs, does not move by itself, cost HK$50,000 and I could even move it

I will look to see if you buy in bulk for food as well as my son is now 7 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue88:
    Haha that will be the next thing they will trade in!

Yeah, I don't think you would want to make yourself an enemy of the locals who resent the mainlanders coming over here to buy the baby products and jack up the prices for the locals as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    I usually buy my nappies in bulk, cheaper and free delivery at baby fair, there is large one during august in wan chai and smaller one during jan/feb, the last one I save around HK$500 for 2 cartons containing 18 packs delivered to my apartment.

most distributors are there, bulk buying save money, some brands give excellent prices compared to normal prices, some have crap prices , some products are wacky,expensive and useless crap (probably for hipsters) ie, a transforming compacting stroller with actuators which weights 40kgs, does not move by itself, cost HK$50,000 and I could even move it

I will look to see if you buy in bulk for food as well as my son is now 7 months old.
    The transforming stroller would be totally worth it if it came with this logo.

One warning for for bulk food though: your baby might outgrow certain things and you could get stuck with the excess. We bough massive amounts of those Ella's squeeze packages which were useful for about 4 months, and then the kid got bored of the taste or texture and switched to whatever we were eating. We ended up with about thirty excess packages.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    The transforming stroller would be totally worth it if it came with this logo.

One warning for for bulk food though: your baby might outgrow certain things and you could get stuck with the excess. We bough massive amounts of those Ella's squeeze packages which were useful for about 4 months, and then the kid got bored of the taste or texture and switched to whatever we were eating. We ended up with about thirty excess packages.
    it was useless and totally impractical

talk about ill thought off ideas, potty with ipad stand

http://www.amazon.com/CTA-Digital-iP.../dp/B00B3G8UGQ

Oh I hadn't thought of the baby fairs!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast