Like Tree9Likes

Is price.com.hk available in English version ?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

This is a good link/guide to buying cameras in Hong Kong: http://rolandlim.wordpress.com/2007/...-in-hong-kong/.
    We bought the camera from DC Fever, which was cheaper than the other shops (sometimes you have to walk around shop to shop in Mong Kok and ask for the prices). They threw in a bunch of free stuff, too, like the camera case. DC Fever is not directly on the ground floor, hence, their prices might be a bit cheaper. So, we've had a good experience there.
    You could also look at the computer center in Wan Chai (good prices quoted there, but never bought there).
    My partner said you might have to shop around to see which shop has a particular offer/better price for the model you want at the time. Don't shop in TST, and buy from a store that actually has a name, and NOT from a store that claims to be "tax free". <ok, end of advice from my other half>

transit likes this.

Thanks for all the replies, I'll pass this info onto him..

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Don't shop in TST
    Causeway Bay is probably another area were people should be careful. Generally I would be careful with all street level shop. I bought cameras from one camera shop in the Mongkok Computer Center and they were fine. Another shop suggested a better model - then's when you have to walk straight out.

Once I ask for a camera price in a shop in TST East, the sales guy had to ask the ring leader for what to quote, he gave the price plus 'no battery, no poach' in Chinese.

For 2nd hand it depends what you want, for high end Leicas trhere are some specialized places (although all 2nd hand shops have Leica - often in terrible conditions and still expensive). If you aim at Leica you can ask for shopping advice here: http://www.hklfc.com - their buy & sell section is here: http://www.hklfc.com/forum/forum.php...isplay&fid=189 (which is good, put people have the pre-puberty attitude to push their items to the top)
    Last edited by flameproof; 20-07-2013 at 10:31 AM.

My advice is just to use it as a reference and purchase the goods at a legitimate store. Like the other people said, just use google translate. (if you don't use chrome, copy the hyperlink and go to translate.google.com; then set the settings from Chinese - traditional to English and go; Follow the link and there you have the webpage translated for you.

iliketurtles likes this.

Has anyone ever used the price.com.hk service to just get contacted by the vendor? I'm buying a dehumidifier and not quite sure how the whole price.com.hk process works.

Is price.com.hk available in English version ?

You look up what you are looking for, get to the shop of interest or call them, buy desired product, move on.

Thats how I use it. Never thought that there would be another way.

Last edited by 100LL; 20-04-2014 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    You look up what you are looking for, get to the shop of interest or call them, buy desired product, move on.

Thats how I use it. Never thought that there would be another way.
    I simply use it as price guide. With that price in mind you shop around and try to get there as near as possible or below.