Like Tree9Likes

Taobao and shipping to HK - a general question...

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

I need to put the consolidator then as my address, or? Or what address are you using as delivery address when you buy items?

Very latest delivery I did send to a friend in SZ, I will go there Wednesday.....

babesiu: thanks for sharing the info! you can save big on shipping this way. I would like to know, how long can the consolidator hold on to the parcels for you? is there a maximum number of days?

flameproof;2656626]I need to put the consolidator then as my address, or? Or what address are you using as delivery address when you buy items?

Yes, you need to ask the consolidator for her address and contact info, then set it as your primary delivery address. When you place orders with Taobao vendors, ask them to deliver goods to the consolidator, usually they will offer free shipping to Guangdong province. Once the last parcel reaches the consolidator, you can 'wong wong' him and type all tracking# as my previous post, then he will reply you with a list of the individual weight of each parcel, and the total weight. My consolidator is charging the 1st kg at RMB 14, next 1 kg RMB 4.50. If the cargoes is over 30kg, there will be another offer.

Quote Originally Posted by reprazent:
    babesiu: thanks for sharing the info! you can save big on shipping this way. I would like to know, how long can the consolidator hold on to the parcels for you? is there a maximum number of days?
    No limited period for holding. But I don't want goods to be held so long, so while shopping at Taobao, I will put things in basket first, after accumulating a certain quantity, I than place orders on the same day so that goods will be dispatched and arriving the consolidator in 2 or 3 days. Once the last parcel reaches them, I can give them all tracking#' and arrange delivery. As I did yesterday, the last parcel arrived in the afternoon, then I 'wong wong' the consolidator by the evening and complete the transaction. Cut off time to place order is 9:00pm. So I paid by 6:00pm yesterday and cargoes were dispatched last mid-night. I will be receiving it by this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by babesiu:
    Here is one of the most popular consolidators that Hongkonger is using.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=35054311080

You can get the mailing address and contact info from your selected consolidator (better in Guangzhou or Shenzen), when you place order with seller, ask him to send the parcel to the consolidator. Once you check the tracking info and know that all parcels arrive at the consolidator, you then notify him and ask him to quote total volume and delivery charges to you. They usually charge the 1st 2kgs at RMB 15, next 1 kg RMB 5. After you agree the charges, he will key in the cost on Taobao, you will then pay him as what you do as usual when you shop at TB.
    I try it now... items are bough from a few sellers.. should start arriving soon. I did a wangwang with the consolidator. When do I need to pay the consolidator? When all items are there?

I am curious to see how that works out.....

I can't used to taobao menus ( though I can read traditional Chinese), however, I do use agents based in HK which are super cheap who the work for you, just whatsapp the taobao link, they work out everything and arrange the purchase on your behalf, no hassle at all

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    I try it now... items are bough from a few sellers.. should start arriving soon. I did a wangwang with the consolidator. When do I need to pay the consolidator? When all items are there?
    I am curious to see how that works out.....
    See my reply of Dec 2. After you list out the tracking# to the consolidator, he will reply with the weight as below :

511824708hai(2013-12-02 17:30:14): - this is the consolidator
    圆通 6451615029 0.17kg 12月2日 盒 - this is the individual weight and date of receive中通 762353582524 0.57kg 12月2日 盒
    申通 668386929350 0.67kg 11月29日 袋
    韵达 1900504681482 0.32kg 12月1日 盒
    圆通 3381827397 1.87kg 11月27日 盒

511824708hai(2013-12-02 17:30:22):

4KG - this is total weight that he will charge

If you agree the charge (as above, 4 KG will be 1st kg RMB14, the bal 3 kgs = 3 x 4.5, total RMB27.50), he will refresh the price to 27.50 at Taobao, then you just settle payment via Alipay as you do usually. Transaction is thru Taobao, so it's save.

Then you have to pay commision for the agent? I think it's just so easy to do it on myself, no need to spend more. We even buy optical glasses at Taobao, save alot!

By the way, which consolidator you are using?

I am using the one you posted.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=35054311080

I had all goods sent to them with my ID, and I sent them the item #. They wangwang me it's fine.

So let's see what happens next week........

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast