were to buy pal ps3 and apple products?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yeh the Xbox 360 and PS3 situations are a little different. But still, US$10 cheaper than the USA (which has sales tax, albeit low) isn't much of a saving, especially considering the lower salaries here, etc.

But 360 games are usually HK$50-100 cheaper than their PS3 counterparts, mostly because you can easily pirate 360 games, whereas it's currently impossible to pirate PS3 games. Also, the 360 is region locked (well, the games are, not the system) so you can only play certain games on certain versions of the console, limiting importing. The PS3 is completely region free so there are quite a few US/JP/EU games floating around in HK besides the local HK versions, which is handy as the Hong Kong release schedule tends to be about 1-2 months behind Europe/USA and ignores a heap of popular western games.

But the general point is, in reference to this thread title; Apple and PS3 products are no cheaper in Hong Kong than Europe or the USA, the only difference being a tiny amount due to varying sales taxes. Apple products are comparatively a rip-off in Hong Kong.

Hi everyone,
    Thank you for replying and giving me some advice,t do you think that in hongkong there would be a couple places were you can buy australian pal consoles ?Its just that it cost around 7,345.15 HKD for a 60 gb aus pal here in australia .If you can help me out maybe I could help you out.

KInd regards

R

The only Australian PAL consoles you'd find in Hong Kong, would have been imported from Australia (and I've never seen any here). Thus they'd cost practically the same as they would in Australia...

You can get a HK console for about half that price ($2999 for the 40Gb model I think) which will play any games, but it's not an official Australian model, and Sony are cracking down on console exports (they sued and closed down Lik-Sang for importing PSPs from Asia to Europe).

If it's just for personal use, then get a PS3 over here sure.

I bought GTA IV for XBOX 360 and it turns out that it does not work on my 360, which I brought over from the US. I looked at the packaging and it says "PAL". Is there a way fix this? Do I need to modify the XBOX and bring my XBOX with me?

U can chip your Xbox you will be able to play GTA and buy copy game but you wont be able to play online anymore...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2