were to buy pal ps3 and apple products?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile were to buy pal ps3 and apple products?

Hello,
    I am new here and would realy appreciate it if someone would help me.I am currently in australia and was ondering if it is possible to buy australian ps3's and apple products in hongkong?They would have to be brand new and not fake either.If someone could help me out in finding these products I would be really grateful.perhaps if you help me I may be able to help you.

Kindest regards

Hong Kong uses PAL systems too so getting a pal ps3 shouldn't be too hard to find. You can get them at the Golden computer arcade in sham shui po but since you're new here, you might want to check out any Fortress or Broadway chains first--they're less likely to rip you off. Those chains also sell apple products. There's both a Fortress and Broadway right across from each other at Festival Walk in Kowloon Tong. There's also a Mac store in Megabox in Kowloon City.

highly unlikely you'll come across a fake ps3 or Mac anywhere in the world! so you have now worries there.

Saw tons of them today at the 188 Wanchai Road place. Price was around 2800.

Hi,
    Thankyou for everyone for answering my question,but i am still wondering if these companies ship to australia?If someone could source those kinds of products then i would kindly pay you for your time.If anyone is interested could you please send me a message via pm.

kind regards

R

Hong Kong PS3s are not PAL, they're slightly altered Japanese NTSC systems (the only difference being they use a HK/British power supply and play Region 3 DVDs). So just make sure you get a European PAL system (for UK/Europe/Australia), which I'm not sure I've ever seen for sale in HK... plenty of PAL games for sure, but I've never come across any PAL systems, though I might not have been looking hard enough (all the PS3/360s are HK NTSC ones, and all the Wiis are either US or Japanese systems).

Quote Originally Posted by Hamton:
    Hong Kong PS3s are not PAL, they're slightly altered Japanese NTSC systems (the only difference being they use a HK/British power supply and play Region 3 DVDs). So just make sure you get a European PAL system (for UK/Europe/Australia), which I'm not sure I've ever seen for sale in HK... plenty of PAL games for sure, but I've never come across any PAL systems, though I might not have been looking hard enough (all the PS3/360s are HK NTSC ones, and all the Wiis are either US or Japanese systems).
    They're not PAL? I called the microsoft tech support and they said that HK uses PAL. Hmm, guess it would explain why hk sells so many ntsc games though.

Hong Kong's a bit of an anomaly. The broadcast TV standard is PAL (though that's becoming irrelevant nowadays with HDTV and NowTV), but all the Hong Kong Region 3 DVDs are NTSC and all the Hong Kong PlayStation 3 games are NTSC, as were the PS2 games (not sure about Xbox 360 games, haven't checked). There isn't a HK Wii format, but the majority of Wiis and Wii games sold here are the Japanese NTSC ones. The 'Hong Kong' PlayStation 2 & 3s are labelled as 'NTSC-J' on the box too, so in effect they are exactly the same as the Japanese machines, except re-wired to accept a Hong Kong power supply.

Coming to Hong Kong to get PAL games is a pointless task though - the only ones here are imported from Europe, so there's no saving, just the EU price minus sales tax, plus a little importer markup.

Last week when Grand Theft Auto IV was released, most of the PS3 copies for sale were actually imported EU PAL copies of the game, selling for around $450 (just under €40), which is basically the EU price minus sales tax, which is over the odds by Hong Kong standards.

Anything that's imported to Hong Kong isn't particularly great value. Which probably explains why almost everyone here pirates the 360 and Wii games.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamton:
    Hong Kong's a bit of an anomaly. The broadcast TV standard is PAL (though that's becoming irrelevant nowadays with HDTV and NowTV), but all the Hong Kong Region 3 DVDs are NTSC and all the Hong Kong PlayStation 3 games are NTSC, as were the PS2 games (not sure about Xbox 360 games, haven't checked). There isn't a HK Wii format, but the majority of Wiis and Wii games sold here are the Japanese NTSC ones. The 'Hong Kong' PlayStation 2 & 3s are labelled as 'NTSC-J' on the box too, so in effect they are exactly the same as the Japanese machines, except re-wired to accept a Hong Kong power supply.

Coming to Hong Kong to get PAL games is a pointless task though - the only ones here are imported from Europe, so there's no saving, just the EU price minus sales tax, plus a little importer markup.

Last week when Grand Theft Auto IV was released, most of the PS3 copies for sale were actually imported EU PAL copies of the game, selling for around $450 (just under €40), which is basically the EU price minus sales tax, which is over the odds by Hong Kong standards.

Anything that's imported to Hong Kong isn't particularly great value. Which probably explains why almost everyone here pirates the 360 and Wii games.
    The authentic xbox 360 games are still cheaper than they are in the US because they're made in singapore and shipped here. 360 games are about $10-$20 cheaper than their us counterparts.

oh, and it's $10-$20 US dollars, sorry about that.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast