Need a new wallet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need a new wallet

My old one is falling apart.

Where would I go to buy some high-quality men's leather wallets? I don't really want something off a street vendor? Budget is not really an issue, but would prefer something around $500-$1,000.

Plenty of choices for that money, Try

Zara
    Agnes B
    Calvin Klein
    DKNY

Or take a wander through any of the big malls in Pacific place, Times Square, IFC etc etc.

I have a Bottega Veneta wallet I received for my birthday two years ago that still looks great and has held up remarkably well. Closer to $2,000, but they're worth it IMO.

If you are a guy, definitely have a look at Berlutti.

It's a high-end shoe shop, but they have the most amazing (but expensive) wallets and bags for men.

I'm more familiar with the London shop, but I believe they have a shop in Central as well that should have the same collection available.

i went wallet hunting recently.

depending on what you want, you should be able to get a decent highish end one for around HK$1,000.

Most of the brands, such as prada, dkny, etc have ok ranges of wallets.

i ended up getting a tumi money clip and card holder in the end though.

As much as I hate brands and usually avoid them like the plague, I will however recommend 2:
    1) LV -- I bought it and used it for 8+ years before it started falling apart.
    2) Tumi -- Bought it 1 year ago as a replacement to the LV -- fantastic and still going strong.

hc

Hmm... I think this whole 'branded' thing is a little overrated. My 1996 Satchi Club wallet is still going strong. I tried replacing it with a Zegna wallet a couple of years back, but find that I prefer the the design of the cheapo one.

Nothing wrong with the Victorinox range

I'm particularly hard on them (overfilling, perspiration etc.) with some only lasting a year or so, however I bought an unbranded stingray skin wallet over 8 years ago in Jakarta and apart from a few rough edges it is holding up extremely well.

Theres a great little luggage shop in the Queensway center on the lower floor to the left of Canteen. It sells some decent luggage and wallets and the merchandise is all legit and the prices are a little better than you will find in the department stores. PM me if you want more specific directions....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast