Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By East_coast

Shopping for Vitamix Blender (refurbished or new)

Closed Thread

Shopping for Vitamix Blender (refurbished or new)

Hello,

Does anyone know where I could find a Vitamix blender on the island? Refurbished model preferably, but new is okay too.

Thanks!

try and give the agent a call

Total Nutrition Center Ltd.
    3/F Kingdom Power Commercial Building
    32-36 Des Voeux Road West, Sheung Wan
    +852 2881 8270
    [email protected]

I would suggest you also take a stroll along Shanghai street in YMT and look at other brands. Possibly cheaper and better

Last edited by East_coast; 25-08-2013 at 11:31 PM.

Thanks, I'll definitely consider that.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    I would suggest you also take a stroll along Shanghai street in YMT and look at other brands. Possibly cheaper and better
    Cheaper, sure....but better? What other brands are you aware of that are "better" than Vitamix?

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Cheaper, sure....but better? What other brands are you aware of that are "better" than Vitamix?
    Better is obviously subjective and price dependent. Worth looking to see if any deals or steals on. Vitamix does have a great name for domestic blenders (as Kitchen aid has for blenders) but there are a few more brands to consider that have different models at different price points.

• Waring
    • Hamilton Beach
    • Blendtec
    • Omega
    • JTC OmniBlend

and probably a few other commercial brands

A key factor to consider is the power rating, with 1500W probably being a good base starting point.
    Last edited by East_coast; 26-08-2013 at 08:24 AM.
    HowardCoombs likes this.

Thanks; I'm not set on a Vitamix, but a really high quality blender that I can use every day without concern that I will burn out the motor too quickly. It's been an expensive month getting settled away in Hong Kong and I still have other purchases (like a dehumidifier and new Mac) to consider, so I appreciate your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by LilyKS:
    Thanks; I'm not set on a Vitamix, but a really high quality blender that I can use every day without concern that I will burn out the motor too quickly. It's been an expensive month getting settled away in Hong Kong and I still have other purchases (like a dehumidifier and new Mac) to consider, so I appreciate your comments.

In case you haven't found anything the Vitamix brand is in the Priceright store. the same store also carries the local HK brand German Pool - the German Pool brand has been around for ages in water heaters but in the 5 or so years has started branding more things than a taxes rancher.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    In case you haven't found anything the Vitamix brand is in the Priceright store. the same store also carries the local HK brand German Pool - the German Pool brand has been around for ages in water heaters but in the 5 or so years has started branding more things than a taxes rancher.
    Thank you-I'll be shopping this weekend.