Cheap Audio/AV/Electronic leads and other stuff

Closed Thread

Cheap Audio/AV/Electronic leads and other stuff

Since coming to HK I've struggled to find things for prices that I think are reasonable.

I live in Causeway Bay, and everywhere here just sees to have expensive versions of everything rather than cheaper stuff.

I was after a cheap 3.5mm audio lead yesterday, which back in the U.K I would have probably picked up off amazon for no more than one or two quid. Could only find one shop selling some premium version for 90 dollars. Had the same issue when trying to get a HDMI lead before. I'm probably looking in the wrong place..

Have you tried Wan Chai Computer Centre or Wan Chai 298 nearby? You can shop around those malls, but I usually go to the first store that I see, I think it's called Golden Computer or something like that.

If not nearby, then there's the old standby in Sham Shui Po, Apliu Street.

Just head out to Apliu St, you won't find electrical bits cheaper this side of the border.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app

Okay great, thanks for the suggestions. Are there any decent online stores as well? I miss just being able to use amazon for stuff like this!

Quote Originally Posted by arrowsmith:
    Okay great, thanks for the suggestions. Are there any decent online stores as well? I miss just being able to use amazon for stuff like this!
    cheap and cheerful online items on yahoo auctions which are used by locals, plus, only a few dollars for postage

http://hk.search.auctions.yahoo.com/...ext&s=curprice

http://hk.search.auctions.yahoo.com/...ext&s=curprice

Hennessey 298 will be the cheapest place for a wide selection nearby.

Also check out the mom & pop hardware shops they tend to carry things you needs