Like Tree8Likes

Men's Travel Wallet

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Men's Travel Wallet

I don't know the appropriate name or where to find an item. I'm going to call it a travel wallet. I'm looking for something leather (sturdy, could be leather-like), that can hold passport, air line tix, receipts, and 10+ credit cards. Must be zippered & for a man.

Any advice would appreciated.

Thx

The big sign on the side saying "Steal Me!" is optional?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    The big sign on the side saying "Steal Me!" is optional?
    Do you travel for business? Are you required to carry TONS of different credit cards, insurance cards? Are you required to collect receipts everywhere you go?

Lastly are you familiar with a "George Costanza wallet"?

Get the picture?

You buy them in travel shops. They are called travel wallets. Victorinox and Tumi both make excellent ones. But neither are cheap - what's your budget?

Muji
    Sogo

They should have one.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    You buy them in travel shops. They are called travel wallets. Victorinox and Tumi both make excellent ones. But neither are cheap - what's your budget?
    I don't want to spend a fortune, I just want one that zips and fits everything. I went to new town mall and festival walk... No luck! Tried Yata as well. Where are these travel shops?

I didn't try Sogo...

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    Do you travel for business? Are you required to carry TONS of different credit cards, insurance cards? Are you required to collect receipts everywhere you go?
    Not any more because I'm retired, but I used to a lot. I would have less in my wallet when travelling than when in HK (because I would offload the local discount/membership cards before I left). I have never carried more than 3 credit/ATM cards on my person (sometimes one is secreted within my handcarry in case I lose my wallet, which never actually happened), and at most one insurance card. Receipts go into the wallet during the day and get removed and put in my luggage each evening. Tickets (in the days when they were on cardboard) and passport go in the handcarry and then either in the hotel safe or in the opposite pocket to the one carrying my wallet. These days a single A4 printout of the ticket gets folded up and put inside the passport.

I suspect you're simply a victim of marketing that says you "need" a travel wallet.

Not any more because I'm retired, but I used to a lot. I would have less in my wallet when travelling than when in HK (because I would offload the local discount/membership cards before I left). I have never carried more than 3 credit/ATM cards on my person (sometimes one is secreted within my handcarry in case I lose my wallet, which never actually happened), and at most one insurance card. Receipts go into the wallet during the day and get removed and put in my luggage each evening. Tickets (in the days when they were on cardboard) and passport go in the handcarry and then either in the hotel safe or in the opposite pocket to the one carrying my wallet. These days a single A4 printout of the ticket gets folded up and put inside the passport.

I suspect you're simply a victim of marketing that says you "need" a travel wallet.
    I have such a travel wallet but I only use it for the 'travel' part, i.e., at the aeroport. I have only ever witnessed one snatch and run theft in my life...that was a travel wallet from a restaurant table in Athens.

I like them for tickets and passports but I wouldn't carry one about openly...you can get them for under $100 dollars from any little bag shop in any mall in HK.

I use a mini-one from Victorinox these days which has room for passport and boarding pass and two places you can put cards. I don't keep credit cards in my travel wallet (why would I? I have a normal wallet for those) but I do have 10+ "travel" related cards, marco polo, hotel cards, cards for lounges etc. Which fit in it.

I find moving through airports being able to keep your passport and boarding pass handy (this one hangs around my neck) is very important. I have tried just putting this stuff in my handbag but passport gets folded and stuff is hard to find.

Having said that, when hiking in Europe we go "ultralight" - in this case a ziplock plastic bag replaces it.....!

I'm not sure how anyone could walk through Festival Walk and not find one to be honest! Did you not go into the 5 or 10 shops in that place selling travel gear? There is a really good one that sells all the Eagle Creek brand stuff (I think it's next door to the Lafuma shop) - I could walk right there but hard to describe. More of less on the 3rd floor above the ice rink. Every shop selling suitcases will sell these things too.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast