Like Tree9Likes

mongkok shopping guide

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    Is there a good bar in MK?
    I dont know the answer to that one but it does remind me of a question that I've not found the answer to.....

Are there any Chinese pop-music bars in Hong Kong? Something similar/equivalent to Carnegies or Dusk-till-down but with local Cano/Mando/Kpop type of music. With a DJ or a live band, where most patrons are drinking/talking and some dancing...

I'm not looking for Chinese bars full of sitting down patrons drinking and playing dice/card games...

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    I'm not looking for Chinese bars full of sitting down patrons drinking and playing dice/card games...
    haha, sounds like a boring evening

i hate it when the chinese pull out playing cards whenever they can..

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    Is there a good bar in MK?
    depends what kind of bar. lots of 'local' bars a short walk away closer to prince edward. Langham Place in Mk has a few bars on the top floors. Some 7-11s as well

Not exactly spoiled for choice though...

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    I dont know the answer to that one but it does remind me of a question that I've not found the answer to.....

Are there any Chinese pop-music bars in Hong Kong? Something similar/equivalent to Carnegies or Dusk-till-down but with local Cano/Mando/Kpop type of music. With a DJ or a live band, where most patrons are drinking/talking and some dancing...

Yeah there are. A couple off the top of my head are Cali Cali on Hart Avenue in TST and another also on Hart, name escapes me - Club Diamond or similar. Both are upstairs bars though so also plenty of smoking going on as well.
    HowardCoombs likes this.

Thank you - dont mind the smoking...

I've not been in such an establishment before and would like to see and experience it. I know I will stick out like a sore thumb (a big hairy gweilo), I wonder if anyone care and/or hassle me?

No, there's a few other bars in that area including the TST Old China Hand, Rocco's and Fatts that are well frequented by westerners and the odd few find their way in now and again. So no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:
    depends what kind of bar. lots of 'local' bars a short walk away closer to prince edward. Langham Place in Mk has a few bars on the top floors. Some 7-11s as well

Not exactly spoiled for choice though...
    Ok, so prince Edward is worth considering since I will live there.... Local is better. Let me know I really need to know.

7-11, good for summer but not winter.
    Just

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    If the 3 biggest hiking gear shops were not located in Mongkok I for one would never venture there again by choice.
    You stole my post. +1

Go with a local friend!
    There are even more bargains in other areas depending on what u wanna buy

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4