Like Tree2Likes

Picking up big things from Shenzhen

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Can you wind surf it to Stanley

paddle it over to sai kung and I'll come pick you up at the pier

A normal delivery van can't carry a 3.5M long item. They max out at around 7 feet.

You're going to have to get a sizeable delivery truck, which the usual van companies can also arrange but they cost a little more. I had an item moved from Central to Fo Tan (close enough to the border) for around $800 (this is going off rusty memory). It was organised by a Cantonese-speaking friend who uses trucks all the time, so it was a local vs a Gweilo rate.

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hksurfer:
    I'm buying a windsurf board from a distributor based in Shenzhen but they usually sell to locals who pick up. Most couriers won't handle a 3.5m windsurfer so I was thinking of going up with a HK based van driver and collecting it from the border as they can get it that far. Any recommendations - I need to travel with them to pay and it needs to go to Stanley. Cheers Peter
    I presume you are familiar with border crossings and will pick one of the quieter borders, ie, lo wu is no no, such a large item and so many people, it's hard to carry larger luggage let alone 3.5 m objects

I am just wondering, how will you move 3.5 metre object through the border? do they allow such large items, the trains has now imposed 1.7m restriction, so lo wu is a no no, but the other borders points, is there any restrictions with customs?

shing kee and wing shing vans have heavier duty 7.5 tonnes to 25 tonnes lorries, probably better to ask a friend to call and enquire, most likely cost around a HK$1000 ish from border to Stanley, probably more if rush hour

http://www.wsvan.com/3.html

http://www.skvan.hk/aboutus.html

wtbhotia likes this.

I got a SPAM mail from this spammers - maybe they can help:

> SMARTRANS INTERNATIONAL LTD.
    >
    > Add:RM 701, 2nd Building, Buji Custom Area.Luohu District,Shenzhen,China
    >
    > Tel: 86-755-89515517 Fax: 86-755- 28594309
    >
    > Cell: 0086-18098902769
    >