Live Yeast

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Where can I buy a breadmaking machine please?

Hi everyone,

On a related topic, does anyone know where I can buy a breadmaking machine please?

Also a good electric frypan.

I've looked in Citysuper but no luck. I was wondering if some of the appliance shops in Megabox might have these items? All suggestions very welcome.

Have you tried WingOn?

WingOn online have the bread machine. I haven't seen the electric fry pan but they have the fryer.

www.wingonet.com

They usually take about 4 or 5 days for delivery or just pick up in one of their stores.

BREAD MACHINE - THANK YOU

Thank you so much. Really helpful! I'll go to Wing On tomorrow.

Back on the live yeast, perhaps 360 in Landmark might have it? They even have the cracked wheat for Tabouleh so I'll check on the yeast next time I go.

I live in Shenzhen. Anything you would like to know about in SZ in return?

Thanks again.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Cara

Like you, I have hunted high and low for fresh yeast, but to no avail. For my bread, which I made by hand, I use Allinsons Dry Active Yeast which Olivers sells (but it sells very fast!). I activate it first as I find the results are better.

But if you use a bread machine, fresh and active yeast isn't suitable, i.e. you need to use a yeast suitable for these devices, one which does not require pre-activation with hot water. Look for Fast action or Easy bake yeast. Check the box - those suitable for bread machines will say so on the label.

BTW, if you're not too concerned about additives, you can also add bread improver. Ask at Great bakery section.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 02-06-2008 at 12:06 PM.

Hello CaraExpat, hi there.. user jacqofficial here. I have tried sending you PM regarding the wellcome stamps but the message can't be sent. So i replied on the thread instead. uhm... please check?

Thanks thanks!

Have you tried asking directly at a bakery? Try inside Great or where ever. I have bought some in the past by asking could I buy some fresh yeast and they packaged some up for me.
    Cheers

i just got my first bread maker (as a free gift) .. so i thought i would put it to use. i see that the yeast should be fast action or easy bake...is that easy to find in Park and Shop?

also...it says flour needs to bread flour. is that different than normal flour? i thought there was only 1 type of flour...which is white...and i get that all the time. is this not the same? if not...where can i get bread flour?

lastly...it says t weigh everything precisely...so does this mean i cant just use cups or tablespoons? i have to buy a scale to weigh each ingredient to ensure its exact weights???

anything else i should know before i make my first attempt?
    it sounds like its so particular and difficult...but i thought it would be easy with these auto-makers.

Last edited by BenderLives; 15-07-2008 at 12:43 PM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Bender, you can purchase Hovis Fast Action Bread Yeast from Park'n'Shop, about $20 for one box (six packs). You can also buy it in Olivers, etc.

Bread flour (or sometimes called Strong Flour) has a high gluten level which makes the dough stronger and the bread will keep its shape when baked; you want bread not a cake! Well, you make want cake but not from your bread maker. Again you can buy in PnS, etc.

I bake by hand so I have never used a bread maker. But I do know it is important to use accurate weights in a machine. Cups are very, very inaccurate; you'll never get the same amount each time you make a loaf, except by luck! So you may have to bite the bullet, get with the twentieth century and buy some scales if you want to make successful loaves.

Happy baking!

You can buy everything you need at ThreeSixty or CitySuper. The have different kind of flour like for white bread, wheat bread or multi grain bread.

I used to make bread in a machine every day for a few years in my homecountry. In the beginning I measured everything precisely but later on I just did without. I think when you do lots of times you will know.
    I really regret I didn't bring the breadmaker because the bread in Hong Kong isn't yammie.

Good luck!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast